What Happened Last Night?

Chapter Fifteen

What Happened Last Night?

Savannah woke up in a bright room, in an uncomfortable bed wearing a smock, which could only mean one thing;

she was in a hospital.

She looked around the room, on a small couch not far from her bed lay Leon uncomfortably, snoozing.

She sat up, feeling incredibly dazed and confused.

The last thing she remembered was dancing with Leon and Mitchell on the dance floor while the music blasted and the lights flashed.

All that seemed so long ago.

She didn't know what happened, obviously she had blacked out, but why? and how?

She looked to the side of her bed to see the clothes she was wearing the night of the party folded neatly on a nearby table.

The digital clock on the door said it was 8:27AM

But what day was it?

Savannah stretched, she felt weak and sore, but well rested.

She reached to her denim jacket that was neatly folded and took out her cell phone as Leon snored loudly.

She had 34 missed calls and 14 text messages.

15 missed calls were from her father, 1 was from her mother, 10 were from Ben, 5 from Mitchell and 3 were remarkably from Mike.

She had a series of messages from her father the first was:

"Savannah, pick up, let me know where you are," sent at 12:37AM and the last message from him saying,

"Hi Savannah, I spoke to Leon's parents about what happened. Don't be scared, I'll be there to pick you up at 9AM. Love you." Sent at 2:46AM.

She breathed a sigh of relief, even if she didn't know what had happened to her, at least her father did.

Her father's words gave her comfort and made her feel at ease, like he was there giving her a virtual hug.

She scrolled through her messages and found one from Mitchell,

"Hi Savannah, I can't tell you how sorry I am. I let you down. I got distracted for a minute and because of me you're laying in a hospital bed.

I'm sorry I can't be there with you but it's too much of a reminder how badly I fucked up.

Get well soon and take it easy, I'm sorry for being a useless friend to you."

What the heck happened?

Savannah ran her hands down her head in frustrated, she racked her brain but struggled to recall what went wrong and how she ended up here.

She looked at Leon who snored so loudly he woke himself up.

He looked around and blinked rapidly.

He rubbed his eyes with the palms of his hands and sat up with his back hunched.

"Savannah," he groaned, "you're awake," he smiled.

Leon looked awful, a terrible combination of death and hunger-over.

He had dark circles under his tired eyes, his hair that was usually shiny and in perfects curls was matte and frizzy.

He was wearing an off-white V-neck as the seashell necklace dangled on his chest.