23

We were all waiting on the bus to come so we could go to Starbucks ,faith and phoebe were talking and the boys were all whispery talking and staring at something .

They have been acting weird since we got to the bus stop ,I think it's just the girls across the road ,with their mini skirts and belly tops looking like Victoria secret models .

I wish I had a figure like that,sure I'm tan but that's all I have an 'okay' figure you know ,I'm not fat or super skinny I'm normal ,I look good in a bathing suit or bikini which ever .

I looked up the road and I saw the bus coming down ,I put my arm out so that the bus would stop for us .The boys all looked at me then Gave me a little smile.

What is wrong with those .I looked at Faith and Phoebe and they where walking onto the bus.Is this something going on that I don't know about ?

I stepped onto the bus and put my 1 dollar in the machine then Faith did then Phoebe ,Zack,Tyler then I looked at Joshua,he was smiling sheepishly at me "Jasmine..." he spoke quietly .

"Don't have money do you?"I asked him."Pleaseeeee pay me onto the bus?Its only a dollar ?" he begged,"Ummm.."I hymned.I took out my purse and put a dollar into the machine .

Joshua hopped on and we sat at the back with the others .

"So,we are just coming out to town just so you can get Starbucks?" Zack asked me and the rest of them looked at me and smiled ."Yep!"I said popping the 'p'.

"Oh,I need to go dress shopping for the opening fall dance !" Faith squealed ."Opening fall dance?"I asked her ,they all looked at me then to Joshua ,and back and forward again,Joshua looked at me then out the window .

"Um ,yeah,I guess no one told you,every time the seasons change the college does a dance and since its the start of the college year and its fall they are calling the dance the 'Opening fall dance." Phoebe told me.

"And when is it ? And let me ask 'who' was supposed to tell me this?"I asked ,trying to hold my smirk back I probably looked like a seal having a heart attack ."Umm 2 days...And uhhh J-Joshua was suppose to " Faith said.

"Oh,I guess I'll get my dress as well today,Josh why didn't You tell me?"I asked him ."Well I was going to but when you decided to Start liking Tyler I couldn't ask you to be my date now could I?"he answered me .

Well that stung.

The whole bus kinda became silent ,come to think of it we are the only people on it.The silence was so awkward I could almost feel it.Tyler looked so shocked at Joshua's words and so did Zack,Joshua..well he looked puzzled at his own words .

But Faith and Phoebe where both looking at the boys as well.

Zack coughed which made the whole thing worse to be honest .I looked out the window and saw we where coming to a stop.I stood up and the others followed me out of the bus and onto the concrete ground ..

It was a silent walk all the way to Starbucks but once we got there everyone kinda started to talk ,But Tyler was still silent and I guess a bit shocked ,Joshua was acting as if he never said anything and I was on the verge of snapping at him.

I ordered my mocha laté and waited it to be ready,Joshua walked up me "Jasmine..I I'm really sorry for what I said on the bus,It wasn't right I know.."he apologised.

"It's okay.I deserved it,I did shoot you down and now you probably don't have a date for the dance ,either do I because you didn't tell me but what ever I don't care I'll still go."

He looked into his pocket and pulled out a ticker it looked like a concert ticket but when he handed it to me it said 'Opening fall dance ' ticket number #1.

"Number 1?"I asked "Um yeah ,when I heard about it I wanted you to be the first to get your ticket from ..me I guess ,but I will give you my ticket as well and you can ask Tyler to go with you,I know what it feels like to like some one so I want you to be happy "he told me.

He smiled at me and handed over the two tickets,I took them both but then I put his one number #2 into his pocket and said those 5 words that I didn't know I would end up saying ..'will you be my date?'