Chapter 5, Unexpected News!

Disclaimer: I do not own D Gray Man.

Chapter 5, Unexpected News!

Gilbert smirked to himself as he strolled down the busy road.

'Heh! It seems like everything works out pretty well.' He thought with a glimpse of satisfaction and victory in his eyes.

'Lenalee will definitely be mine soon! I'll make sure that no one would be able to get their hands on her...whether they may be those two friends of hers...'

"Wow! Amazing!" He turned to the side when he heard a child cheered out in amazement. He smirked and spotted a certain someone surrounded by a group of kids.

'...or that stupid clown...' He sneered.

Allen was in casual clothes with his clown mask, playing tricks for a group of kids when he noticed someone approaching him.

kids when he noticed someone approaching him.

He turned to the side and saw Gilbert, standing sternly in front of him with a creepy smile on his face. He stopped playing his tricks and greeted.

"G'day, sir. Is there anything I can do for you?"

All the kids immediately moved behind Allen, knowing who the man was.

"I heard from my fiancé that you're her friend, am I right?" The blonde asked.

Allen nodded and replied sheepishly. "Yes. I am her friend...though it's been almost two years since I last seen her."

The blonde smirked and placed his hand on his hip. "Well then, as her friend, I have something I'd like to talk with you!"

"What might that be?" The white-haired asked. His cheerful and polite tone remained unchanged. He already knew about this man from Lavi and Kanda.

"I suggest you stay away from Lenalee starting from today and for the following days." Gilbert said with a small hint of mocking and victory in his voice.

"May I ask why is that?" asked Allen, unfazed by the man.

"Because she's going to be my wife soon. WE're going to get married shortly!" The man continued, slightly annoyed by the teen's polite and natural response to his announcement.

'Come on! Get angry, Damn it!' Because of Allen's cheerful and normal tone, he felt no sense of victory at all.

'Why isn't he bothered by this, damn clown?'

Allen smiled. "Then, may I be the first to congratulate you two?"

He then pulled a bouquet of white roses out of thin air and held it up in front of the man.

"Congratulations on your marriage, Mr. Gilbert!"

Anger flashed in the man's eyes at this. 'This damn bastard!'

Lavi glanced around, looking for Allen as he and Kanda walked down the crowded road.

"Ne, Yuu!" He turned to his black-haired friend.

"How do you think Allen would react after finding out about all of this?"

Kanda remained silent. The redhead sighed and crossed his arms behind his head.

"Do you think he will explode or get upset? Maybe he'll get pretty mad and immediately get himself drunk!" He said the last part with a teasing grin though he knew there's no way that would happen.

"Knowing that stupid beansprout...." Kanda utter with a thoughtful look.

"With that silly and over polite attitude of his, that guy wouldn't be bothered by any of this. I don't think he'll even take this seriously."