Chapter 8, Happiness

Disclaimer: I do not own D Gray Man.

Chapter 8, Happiness

"Allen?"

"Yeah, what is it?"

"Do you mind go get Elena for me? It's almost time for us to leave?" said Lenalee to her husband as she packed the things inside the picnic basket in the kitchen.

Allen, who was drinking a cup of coffee, put down his newspaper and stood up from his chair.

"Sure thing!" He replied before heading upstairs, to their little girl's room.

"Elena, are you ready to go?" he asked while knocking on her bedroom's door.

"Elena?" He tried again when he received no answer.

...

Still no response....

'Strange...I thought she already woke up...' he thought while raising a brow. Curiously, he opened the door and stepped inside. "Elena?"

He saw no signs of the little silvernette as he looked around the room. Being an overprotective father, fears crept up his mind as he began to panic.

"Elena?!" He opened the door to her closet which was her usual hiding place, but she wasn't there. He was about to dash out of the room back to Lenalee when suddenly, "BOO!" A figure suddenly jumped onto his back, making his heart bounced.

"Got you, Dad!" exclaimed Elena as she giggled, clinging onto her startled father's back. Allen recovered from his shock when he heard the girl's laughing. Pulling her from his back, he gave her a hug. Though he could still feel his heart racing, he laughed along with her.

"Did I make you scared, Dad? Did I?" asked the little girl once they both stopped laughing.

Allen nodded and chuckled. "Yes, you did, Elena. In fact...you nearly got me a heart attack."

Elena looked a little guilty at this. "Really? I'm sorry, Dad. I won't ever do it again." She apologized with her puppy eyes.

The white-haired chuckled and patted her head gently. "Don't worry, Elena. I had fun though it really startled me." He said with a gentle grin.

Hearing this, the girl gave him a sweet, innocent smile which casted all his worries.

"So...you ready to go?" He asked, smiling at her.

Elena played with a strand of her silver lock, giving him a motioning glance.

"Well...almost...."

The white-haired laughed at this as he stood up and picked up a hair brush and a pair of ribbons from her table. "Alright, alright. Come here so I can tie your hair for you."

The girl's eyes' sparkled with glee as she sat in front of him, her back facing him. Allen smiled as he happily brushed her soft silver hair and tied them into twin pigtails with a pair of light blue ribbons to match her light blue dress.

"There! All done!" He said once he finished. "How does it look? Do you like it?"

Elena quickly went in front of a mirror and stared at her reflection in wonder.

"I like it very much! Thank you, Dad!" She exclaimed cheerfully, turning back to face him, her violet eyes sparkled with amusement. Allen grinned.

"Glad you like it!"

"And I was wondering what took you two so long..." The two turned to the door when they heard Lenalee's voice and saw her leaning against the door. She smiled in amusement once she saw her daughter.