Chapter 6, Tears behind his Mask

Disclaimer: I do not own D Gray Man.

Chapter 6, Tears behind his mask

"Yes, Allen! Please... take me away from here... from this place..." Lenalee told him, clutching the paper in her hands; tears flowing down from her eyes.

Hearing this, Allen smiled. "Of course, Milady." He went down on one knee, bowing to her as if she was his princess.

"If that's your wish, then I will fulfill it for you...for your freedom and for your happiness..."

More tears cascaded down from Lenalee's eyes when she suddenly dropped to her knees in front of the teen and wrapped her arms around his body.

Allen wasn't very surprised when she did this as he also returned the hug by placing his arms on her back, gently patting it.

"You okay, Lenalee?" He asked.

He could feel the girl's nodding as she snuggled closer to him.

"Please...just let me stay like this for a while, Allen..." she told him. He could make out the small sniffing in her voice.

Allen sighed and rubbed her back gently. "Sure...you can."

'Déjà vu...' he thought to himself as a small memories flashed against him.

"Allen..."

"Yeah...?"

"Thank you for doing this for me..." She murmured gratefully in a small soft tone.

The white-haired smiled. "You can say that again once we get out of here." He told her teasingly.

Lenalee giggled. "That teasing part of you... it never changes. And I'm glad it doesn't..."

"Me, too..."

"Hello? Knock! Knock! Are the lovebirds here?! No they're not cuz they're busy comforting each other!" They heard someone shouted jokingly.

The two pulled away from the hug and turned to the side. Lenalee felt her face flamed up when she saw Lavi and Kanda standing beside the tree. Lavi was grinning while eying the two carefully while Kanda was just being himself, scowling.

"L-Lavi? Kanda? You guys were here all along?" The teal-haired stuttered.

Lavi smirked. "We were here from the very beginning."

He began to laugh his head off when the girl's face became redder.

"Stop laughing already, stupid rabbit!" The teal-haired shouted in embarrassment.

"Allen and Lenalee are sitting under the tree while K-I-S-S-I-N-G! Ahahahahahah!" Lavi sang teasingly only to cause the girl's face including her body to turn red.

"Stop laughing already, stupid rabbit!" The teal-haired shouted in embarrassment.

"Allen and Lenalee are sitting under the tree while K-I-S-S-I-N-G! Ahahahahahah!" Lavi sang teasingly only to cause the girl's face including her body to turn red.

"LAVI!"

After some time...

"So...what were you guys doing here in the first place?" asked Lenalee once Lavi has finally calmed down and stopped laughing.

Kanda sighed and told her.

"We were planning to tell you about your brother after beansprout sneaked you out from your prison. But..."

"Allen said that he wanted to be the one to tell you all by himself because this kinda remained us of that day from two years ago. He says he wanna celebrate our second year anniversary of friendship here..." Lavi continued.