Making Memories

"Can we go see the Statue Of Liberty now??" Lexie begs as we walk off the plane and onto New York ground "That's all I wanna do here!"

"We're going shopping first!" Kay decides for us.

"I vote Statue!" Ben joins in "It sounds like more fun than shopping."

"We're going to the statue," Justin announces pissing off Kay "You've been shopping here plenty of times.  You can do that later."

Justin, Ben, Lexie and I all walk towards the boats that take us to the statue.  Kay walks as slow as she possibly can behind us, trying to get us to give in and let her shop.  I look back to see that she's so far behind us that all I can see is her head and make Justin stop.

"Kayleigh, get up here!"  I yell back for her.  She acts like she doesn't even notice me and continues to walk as slow as she can.  Justin decides that he's done with this already, and walks back taking her phone.

"What the hell, dad?" She looks at him in shock.  I watch as Justin slides it is his back pocket and walks back up towards me.

"Adam can wait.  You're with your family right now." He grabs my hand interlocking our fingers as we walk up to Lexie and Ben.  Eventually, Kay starts walking faster to catch up to us.

We get up to the office where we can buy the tickets and I go in to buy them while Justin stands out with the kids getting them to act like annoying tourists.

"How many tickets?" The teenager behind the desk asks.  I look at the chart thing quickly before answering her.

"3 adults and 2 kids."

She takes my card to pay for them, then hands me a pile of tickets.  I quickly grab them getting the hint that she isn't in a good mood and leave. 

I walk outside to see that my wonderful husband has my children standing on a fence.  He's standing about 10 feet away, telling people not to get in his way while he gets pictures of his children.  I want to stop it, but I also don't really want to be seen with all of them.  To make things worse, he had bought them all every tourist related thing he could find while I was buying tickets.

"What the hell, Justin?" I walk over to him taking his phone to stop the pictures "The photoshoot is over.  Our boat leaves in 15 minutes."

The kids happily jump off the fence, walking towards us.  Justin leads the way over to the dock and we wait in line.

"This is boring." Lexie complains after about 5 minutes.

"You don't get to complain.  You're the one that just had to see this." Kay tries to start an argument "We could've gone to like 5 stores by now."

"Yeah but this is so much more fun!" Ben adds just making it worse "All you do while shopping is look at horrible, useless clothing that you don't even need." He does have a point.

"What would you know about clothes?" Kay snaps at him "You know nothing about fashion.  Without me helping you pick out your clothes you'd always look horrible."

"I don't need your help!" He yells "I'm not a baby.  I know what matches."

"Okay," Justin steps in to end this "That's enough fighting.  We've been here 2 hours and you're already driving us crazy."

We finally get told we can get on the boat and do so right away.  The kids decide they wanna stand on the top deck so we can see everything.  Justin and I stand closer to the back while they stand in front of us actually getting along. 

"This is actually really cool." Justin pulls me closer "I don't think I've ever been this close."

"I've been here once before." I look up staring into his eyes "Being here with you guys makes it so much better than the last time."

"I love you." He leans down kissing me "And the devils.  Even if they make me wanna go crazy."

"I love you, too." I kiss him back.  We're quickly interrupted by an announcement they we've arrived at the island, and the kids running over to us.

They all run around right to the front of the statue.  I make them stand there so that I can get a picture, but of course they end up fighting.

"At least act like you get along." I practically beg "Just for a minute."

Justin does something funny behind me that makes them all laugh.  I quickly get the picture while they're all smiling and tell them they can move.

"Can we at least go to the gift shop?" Kay asks "Do some shopping?"

"Fine." I give in letting her lead the way.  She practically runs up the steps and into the store.  The rest of us follow and walk in like normal people.

"Mom there's no Keychain with my name." Lexie complains as she spins the thing for the thousandth time "They're all Alexis or Alexa."

"Well show me the design you like." I took at the top of the display "It says we can make it online if you want."  She shows me which she wants and after some more complaining starts looking at over things. 

"Can I buy this hat?" Justin runs up to me like a little kid "Please??"

"Sure.  But you're paying for it."  I turn to walk away and look at things for me. 

I find a cute crossbody purse that I like, so I grab that as well as a Keychain and t-shirt.  After I'm done I look around for the others and see that they have all left me in here alone and are out at the tables eating lunch.  It doesn't look like they bought me any food either.

"Thanks for waiting for me." I walk out and sit with everyone "And for the food.  I appreciate it."

"You're welcome!" Justin replies jokingly.