Couple Time

"Where are the kids?" I walk downstairs to find Justin alone on the couch "It's quiet. They can't be home."

"I sold them." He jokes "$5 each. They were getting annoying again."

"I really thought we'd have to pay someone to take them." I reply sitting next to him "How long until we get them back?"

"They're at some fair with your parents. So I guess whenever they're sick of the fighting."

"So probably not long." I look at the TV for a while trying to think of what he's watching.

"You want me to change it?" He asks going through the guide "I'm sure there's a movie or something on."

"No," I think to myself for a while "I kinda wanna do something different."

"Like real fun different?" His eyes light up "Or Jen fun different."

"Real fun." I glare at him "Go get dressed. I'll find something for us to do."

I grab my phone quickly to look for things around us that we can do. All I can find is the fair that the kids are at, going to see a movie, and going to eat somewhere.

"So what are we doing?" He runs down the stairs. I think quickly about other options and finally decide.

"Yeah..." I make up my mind "We're gonna climb to the Hollywood sign."

"Seriously?" He looks at me as if I just said the most boring possible thing "You couldn't think of anything more cliché?"

"Let's just go." I grab the car keys throwing them to him.

"This doesn't sound like my idea of fun." He mumbles following me to the car "This is you fun. We could've scared Seb again or played a prank on the kids but you choose to do this."

"Well maybe we can prank them later."

We drive to where the trails start for the sign, but decide to take the easiest one. It means we have to drive a little further, but it also means alot less walking.

"You ready?" Justin looks back at me as we walk up to the trail "We can go back home. I'd be fine with that."

"Just walk." I playfully push him forward. He leads the way as I follow trying to stay away from crazy fans.

"Do we really need to walk all the way up there?"

"Well that's kinda why we're here." I take the lead "It's like another 20 minutes max. Get off your lazy ass and walk."

"You're mean." He pouts trying to act upset "I should've gone with the kids."

I laugh at him as I continue walking up the trail. We stop every few minutes to look around and for Justin to complain. All he is worried about is  how we're going to prank the kids later and what we should do. I listen to some of his absolutely crazy ideas like destroying and redecorating their rooms with spray paint, throwing their clothing in the pool and going to the fair in scary costumes to jump out at them.

"There could be bears here. I think we should turn around."

"We're fine, Justin." I pull him forward "Stop acting like a baby."

Finally, after listening to him forever we make it to the top.  Neither of us are too amused though.

"How long do we stare at it?" He asks.

I look around for about a minute before answering him "5 minutes? I don't really know." I notice how bored he is and change my mind "You know what? We should just got back.  Gotta start planning the prank anyway."

He grabs my hand and practically runs down the trail.  It doesn't take nearly as long since we don't stop every few minutes.  Soon enough, we're back in the car and pulling into our driveway.

"So what kind of prank?" I ask as Justin searches the house for ideas.

"I know!" He looks at me way too excited about this "Where are your ultrasound pictures from the kids?"

"In their baby books?" I reply confused "Why? What are you gonna do?"

He runs up to our room where the books are and pulls the first picture he can find. I'm pretty sure it was from Kay because it's from the pink book and has her signature pink highlighter markings on the back.

"We tell them you're pregnant again." He hands me the picture and throws a bigger shirt at me "They'll have to believe it."

"They're going to hate this." I laugh actually liking the plan more than I thought "They don't want any more babies."

"Would it really be such a bad thing." He looks through the books "I think it would be cool."

"Yes!  It's a terrible idea!" I quickly end that idea "I'm not pushing anymore of those monsters out of me.  I'm done with that."

"Fine then. I guess I'm not suggesting that anymore." He looks closer at the ultrasound picture "So how should we do this? Lay it on the table and see if they notice? Our children aren't exactly the smartest."

"True." I think about it for a little "Well we could put it there and tell the kids we have a surprise for them on the table. We can put a bag of candy close to it.  They should hopefully see it then."

"That should work." He checks his phone "Kay texted that they were leaving 10 minutes ago, so we should probably set it up quickly."

We go downstairs and set everything up, going over some lines of what we'll say if they ask questions.  A few minutes later, my parents drop them off.  Luckily they walk in the front and don't ruin the surprise prank.

"Did you guys have fun?" I ask as they walk into the living room. Justin has decided that I have to stay on the couch.  Apparently that makes me seem more fake pregnant.

"Yeah," Ben answers "but I'm tired."

"Well we got you guys something at the store earlier." Justin tells them "It's out on the kitchen table."

They all walk out to see, and he finally let's me stand up.  We walk to the spot in the living room where we can see them.  They push each other around for a few minutes fighting over who gets the better candy before Lexie notices the picture.

"What's this?" She holds it up confused.

"Yeah," Kay studies it "What the hell is this?"

"Oh yeah, we forgot to tell you guys. Mom's pregnant." Justin says nonchalantly "That's an ultrasound picture."

"What?!?" Ben looks over at us not sure what to say "You guys promised is you wouldn't have any more kids. We don't want babies running around the house."

"He's right, mom!" Kay adds "You guys need to learn how to use protection."

"Well that's harsh." I act like I'm getting emotional "This poor baby didn't ask for you guys to not want it."

"Your mother's right." Justin pulls me closer to fake comfort me "At least act like you're happy about it."

"Well I don't think it would be that bad." Lexie walks over to us "I guess it's okay."

"Wait!" Kay reads the ultrasound information "Jennifer Theroux... 6 weeks... 2/17/06. This isn't new!" She let's out a sigh of relief "This is from me."

I glare over at Justin who was supposed to hide the information "That's all I asked you to do!"

"So this is a joke?" Ben asks hopeful.

"Yes, it's a joke." Justin finally tells them "We thought it would be funny to see your reactions."

"You guys don't have to worry about that ever being real."