[ PROLOGUE - MELUNA ]

April 7, 1989

"Kai, stop," the short girl sighed, grabbing his bicep. "I don't know why you're mad at me, so please stop walking. These short legs can keep up for so long."

He stopped for a moment, turning on his heel to face the girl. It was to amusing to him how responsive she was to him, he knew he was the only one who actually got these types of reactions from her. For instance, she could be making dinner and all he'd have to do is get close to her and brush a strand of hair from her face to turn her into a blushing mess. Whatever attention he gave her made her turn into putty. She was head over heels for him and he knew it.

Meluna looked up at him, her eyes twinkling in fascination. It was insane that she looked at him as if he created the universe. It was insane that anyone could scavenge the earth to seek for someone else she'd look at the way she looked at him, but find nothing. What this girl felt for him was crazier than his own sanity. It was off the charts and an indescribable sensation. Kai had her stick around because she didn't ask for much. She didn't ask him to like her back, she just wanted to fill in his desires. So whether that meant reading books to figure out how to leave the prison world or provide him with magic.

"Luna, I just can't be with you right now, I need some time to think." Kai spoke a little too harshly. Meluna was left with wide eyes as she slowly let go of his arm, letting him storm off deeper into the woods.

Meluna grumbled to herself, spinning on her heel about how all she wanted to do was help. She crossed her arms over her tummy and ventured around the woods, in a desperate attempt to get out. Since she really didn't know how to get out without Kai's help, she ended up getting lost.

Getting rather frustrated, she stopped at a large tree stump, criss-crossing her legs and sat for what seemed like hours. In the long speckle of trees, the stump seemed to be the only thing clear of it. There were no trees towering over the roomy stump, only the ones that were a couple hundred yards away. Eventually her legs grew tired of the position, so she situated herself to where she was more comfortable, hugging her knees to her chest, chin rested on top of them as the bright stars curtained over the sky.

Meluna sighed deeply, frowning as she peered up into the night. The stars weren't as clear as she liked them, instead clouds began to form, belittling the light Meluna needed to use in order to find her way out. Low, but loud rumbles erupted from the beyond the clouds and Meluna felt herself jolt a bit. Her skin prickled with static and goosebumps began to form as the thunder roared deep.

Meluna preferred to be left alone during thunderstorms, she found herself more agitated and less likely to control herself. It might've sounded stupid, but if she couldn't contain herself, no one could.

A spark flew past her head, startling her as her eyes glowed a bright purple, and although that color was more on the cold side, there seemed to be some chilling warmth behind them. She jumped onto her feet, making her way back into the shelter of trees. Her legs travelled faster than she could even imagine, she hadn't even known where she was going but her feet were moving. Her skin was really beginning to feel...itchy? All this static electricity lingering on her skin made her a little annoyed and she felt the urge to lay on the ground and roll around until the feeling went away.

"Meluna?" her ears perked up at the call of her name.

"Kai?" turning quickly on her heel, she rammed into something hard. No, not someone, something. "Ouch," Meluna rubbed her forehead, hoping the tree wasn't going to give her a bruise. She was light on her feet, following the sound of his voice. Thunder erupted once more as lightning struck across the sky, worrying Meluna even more. It was evident that thunderstorms had given her anxiety, Kai knew that- hell, that was the reason he went back out to look for her.

As soon as she had found him- as soon as they'd both made eye contact, she ran to him, the rumbling sounds scaring her as much as it was. Kai could only hold her close, arms wrapped around her as one of his hands was locked on the side of her head, pressing her into his chest, enveloping her into warmth. The comfortable warmth, she was used to.

///
hey, yes, this is the long-awaited tvd fanfic i've been planning all summer. [edit: this is a revamp 24.05.17]

as always, beautiful POC representation.

the only character you really need to know is

which, if you didn't know is played by my princess, Arden Cho

but of course, there's Christopher Wood who plays Malachai "Kai" Parker, Nikolina Konstantinova Dobrev who plays Elena Gilbert, Ian Somerhalder (Somersault) who plays Damon Salvatore, Paul Wesley who plays Stefan Salvatore, Candice King (Accola) who plays Caroline Forbes, and the lovely Katerina Graham who plays Bonnie Bennett.

i'm only saying this once, i don't own the vampire diaries or the plot lines of the characters, otherwise my babes from the k team would be alive. but i do own meluna akimoto and her story line.

i'm very excited to get going on this, i hope you are too.

sinceramente,
devon mufasa. xo

ps; may-luna uh-kim-moto