The blood stained blade

"What Robert is dead! " Hannah looks down tears running down her face, " how did he die " Bianca looking at Brooke with suspicion in her eyes. "It's simple really, he was caught in a metal tooth trap, And he was shot.... not much to it really." Kobie looks at Brooke oddly " so it was so simple that you could kill him? " she put her hand on the ground to support her weight she was very unsteady after hearing the news. There was a long silence it felt like it could go on for days. but staying in one place is too dangerous, they all know it. "we should sleep here..." Kobie's voice trailed off remembering what the day's horrors had brought. " we should but one of us will have to keep watch so the old man doesn't find us " Brooke said arms crossed. Bianca, Hannah, and Kobie all looked at each other until Hannah broke the silence " I think you should, Brooke then we can at lease have a chance to get away" 

Brooke gives a confused look "what do you mean 'get away'?", "well, you seem to be the only one who can fight that monster and come out of it alive" Hannah sat down. "maybe but if he has a gun I am screwed" none of the 3 girls seemed to want to reply. 

none of the girls made a noise scared that it would attract unwanted attention (the old man) the forest was naturally quiet.

Hannah, Bianca, and Kobie finally got to sleep. Brooke was on guard duty, probably for the whole night. the sun shone through the trees and got into Brooke's eyes. there was a yawn behind her, but she just ignored it. the three girls said their good mornings, but they ignored Brooke. the three girls ignored Brooke condition. Brooke knew she might now be able to fight the old insane man, she could barely walk let alone fight. Brooke held a knife in her hand, the knife she used to fight that crazy bastard. there was blood on the knife no matter how much she washed it the blood wouldn't come off. 

"get some sleep Brooke, you need it" the looked over and she had already fallen asleep, with the knife in her hand.

the girls overlooked Brooke's wounds, they didn't know how painful it was. Brooke knew if she didn't get the proper medical treatment (or somewhat proper) she was not going to survive another brush-up with insanity (the crazy old man).