Bostyn's POV

"Fuck. No no no." I mumbled as I jumped up from my desk chair.

I had fallen asleep when trying to finish my calculus homework again. It was 4am. I had to get up in two hours. That meant I had two hours to finish this.

Normally that would seem like plenty of time, but I had a packet from the other day I needed to complete in addition to last nights assignment, so I was basically screwed.

See, most people go to their friends to ask for answers or help with homework. I can't do that.

There's just a tiny little flaw to my "perfect" life.

I don't exactly have friends.

I used to. I used to have a few. Kennedy, who is very smart, like me. Well, she was like me I guess.

Then I changed my look. I was tired of wearing outfits Danielle wanted me to wear. Her and Jeff wanted me to look professional, preppy, presentable.

It wasn't me. And I hated the fact that I had to pretend like it was. But it's just not me.

So I dyed my hair. Not my whole head. Just the tips. They're a pretty teal color now.

As for my wardrobe, it consists of mostly black. Typically I wear some adidas or Nike joggers with a simple cropped tee or skinny jeans and torn band shirts.

Oh, and I ditched the sandals and heels. That's probably the part I was most excited about. I hated those fancier shoes. Now I wear nike sneakers or my adidas high tops. Both are black and white. I also have quite the converse collection now.

Anyways, I guess my sudden change in appearance and my more real self scared everyone off. Kennedy told me she couldn't be seen with me anymore, as it may effect her reputation.

So that's that. I lost my so called friends. It's not like I can make any now. I'm too smart for the athletes, too athletic for the "geeks". There's not many other groups left for me to fit into. Most of the quiet kids wouldn't accept me. I'm too different for the misfits.

I finish my homework (barely) all by myself. I hardly slept, so I know I'll need some coffee to make it through the school day.

I quickly throw on some clothes and put my hair into a messy bun. I don't have much time for makeup so I just keep it simple with foundation, mascara, and eyeliner.

"Bostyn, come join us for breakfast." I stop and turn towards Danielle.

She always makes us breakfast. I haven't missed it in a while but today I have too much going on. I know I can't stay but I don't have a good enough reason for them to let me leave.

"Oh. I forgot to tell you guys. I'm going to school early to get a head start on my research for my literature project. I hope that's okay." I try my best not to look away from them. They've picked up on when I lie because I look away from them and my face turns a bit red.

"Well since its for school work you can miss just this one time." Jeff doesn't even look up from his paper when he tells me this.

"Okay cool thanks" I grab my bag and car keys and run out to my car.

Once I make sure I'm far away enough from the house, I blast some All Time Low.

I can't stand driving to school in silence, especially when I'm tired. I need music to wake me up.

And coffee.

Luckily for me, there's a Starbucks near by.

I order a mocha frappe. Usually I get hot coffee but it's still pretty hot outside so I decide to get something cold.