Bostyn's POV

The sun was shining down on me. I could feel it's rays warming the side of my face.

The warmth from the sun wasn't the only thing I felt, though. I could feel someone's hands playing with my hair.

My heart thumped in my chest and I jumped up immediately, not knowing where I was or who I was with.

I turned to look down at the mystery person.

Calum.

I had almost completely forgotten about him. About last night. About us.

He looked at me sheepishly and scratched his head, "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to... Bother you."

I just laughed it off, "it's fine. You just scared the shit out of me. I forgot where I was for a moment."

Calum laughed nervously before standing up himself.

He wrapped his strong, tone arms around me and pulled me against his body for a hug.

I don't know if it was his body heat, the heat from the sun, or whatever but suddenly I felt hot. I felt different.

He let me out of his embrace and for a short moment we just stood there, staring deep into each other's eyes.

"Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck Calum." I grumbled quickly moving towards the ladder.

"What? What's wrong? Did I do something wrong?" He followed me down, confusion clear in his voice.

"I was supposed to be home by 10 last night. They're gonna kill me." I picked up my pace and started heading in the direction of the car.

I was ahead of Calum, but he shortly caught up to me and grabbed my hand, the two of us practically sprinting back to the car together.

We both got in and he quickly started the car and began the journey home.

I picked up my phone. Thank god it wasn't dead yet.

34 missed calls.
76 text messages.

"I'm so screwed." I mumbled, setting my phone back down and leaning my head against the cool glass of the window.

I felt a larger, soft hand grasp mine, "I'll make sure everything's okay. It's going to be fine, Bostyn."

He didn't get it. I mean, I can't really blame him though. He doesn't know much about my home life.

I sighed, "As much as I'd like to believe that, that's just not the case. That's not the way things go down with Danielle and Jeff. It's never that easy."

Calum's facial expression changed from slightly nervous, yet trying to stay calm to completely and utterly baffled, "Danielle and Jeff? You call your parents by their first names?"

Great. First I realize I'm going to get grounded for the rest of my life and now I have to go through the long process of explaining everything to him, "They aren't exactly my real parents... I was adopted."

I could see the regret in his eyes, as well as the sympathetic look on his face. The usually response from people, "Oh I'm sorry... I shouldn't have brou-"

"It's fine. It's not a big deal," I try to shrug it off like it's not a huge deal.

It was silent for a few minutes, before Calum spoke up, "if you um... Don't mind me asking.. How long have you lived with them?"