Between the Right and the Real part 4

Halfway through the day I called Andy and told him I was staying at my dad’s work and that he’d give me a ride back to his apartment. My dad and I ate lunch at a café down the street and brought chocolate chip cookies back to his work with us afterward. When the day was over he took me back to Andy’s apartment.

“Would you like to come in?” I heard Andy ask politely.

“Yeah, that’d be great, thanks.”

“Make yourself at home. Your daughter already has.” I looked over to see Andy roll his eyes.

“I took one drawer and some closet space. You’re a big boy, you can handle it.” I tossed my bag on the floor by the couch.

“If I die because of it I’m going to seriously haunt you for the rest of your life.”

“Sure Andy, you do that.” I smiled teasingly at him. Hopefully he wasn’t serious about haunting me. How could I live like that?

“Would you like something to drink?”

I went into Andy’s room and let the men have some quality time. I closed the door so I couldn't hear what they were talking about and instead laid down on Andy’s bed.

I was being shaken awake, but grumbled and rolled away instead.

“It’s six fifty, Emily. You have to wake up if you want to eat before school.” Andy’s voice whispered in my ear. “Owe!”

I didn’t mean to hit Andy as I jumped out of the bed and ran to the kitchen, but found it amusing as I did so.

“Sorry! But I need food!” I yelled back to him.

“Yeah, you’re so sorry you’re laughing.” I heard him mumble.

“So, the body guard my dad hired thinks you have some kind of feelings for me.” I told him. I heard him choking on something and looked over at him worriedly.

“Emily I told you before that nothing—”

“Can happen between us and you don’t have feelings for me, blah, blah, blah.” I rolled my eyes throwing my toast down. “I’ve lost my appetite. I’m going to school.”

“Emily, wait! I didn’t mean to—” Andy grabbed my arm as I began to walk away.

“I have to go make up that Calculus test.” I shook my arm out of his grasp. It was unsettling how much his reminder hurt me. I grabbed my bag on the way out of the house, not surprised to see Giovanni getting out of a car.

“I’m taking you to school today.” He stated.

“I walk to school. It’s right around the corner.” I walked past him without even a simple glance. I could hear him muttering to himself as he ran to catch up with me.

“Trouble in paradise?” he asked teasingly.

“Andy had to go remind me again that nothing can happen between us.” I held in a sigh. “I know that. He didn’t need to tell me again.”

“Are you going to pout all day over a guy?” Giovanni asked exasperated.

“No. I’m going to suck it up and move on.” I shrugged my shoulders as we walked into the school building.

I made my way to my Calculus teacher’s room and asked if I could make up the test now. She agreed, apprehensively, and let me take the test. With three minutes left before the bell rang I finished.

“Good at math?” Giovanni questioned.

I scoffed and went to find Charlie, Giovanni trailing silently behind me. I grimaced when I noticed Hanley was with her.