Chapter 22

For the next couple days in Earth time, no one saw or heard anything from the Queen. She had been strangely silent. 

In Salutem time two months had already passed and the Hatter had taken her on many dates, but this last one she knew something was different. Matthew looked as though he was carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders, or in this case in his jacket's inner pocket. 

From the outside no one could tell that a ring settled in a velvet black box was nestled in one of the most obvious places. The way he acted around Evangeline was careful, as if observing her every move, soaking up her grace and beauty. 

He led Evangeline to the gazebo on one of the many and they stared out into the night sky. Finally, out of nowhere, a little object whistled out into the air, before exploding into various colors. Many more followed that making the sky become alight as if darkness hadn't already settled. 

As she was leaning against the rail, watching the light show with a childish fascination, she felt something slip into her hand. She looked down and saw a velvet box, thinking it was another of his courting gifts that he had given her she opened it. Only to be faced with a huge amount of confetti. 

She laughed, turned towards Matthew and yelled, "Matthew what the act-" She stopped when she saw the Hatter standing there with the most nervous and serious expression she had seen painted on his face. He was kneeling on the floor with an open velvet box, similar to the one in her hand. Well, it wasn't there anymore, she had dropped it when she gasped in slight shock.

In the box was a gorgeous, red ruby, diamond, and rose gold ring. It was simple and elegant, and it glittered in the light from the fireworks. The Hatter cleared his throat making her look up and focus on his face. 

Matthew cleared his throat again and started to speak, "I know that this is kinda soon, seeing as we only started dating a couple months ago. I honestly had no idea what to do. I have to admit this was mostly the councils doing (the fireworks and stuff), but as i have told you before, I love you and seeing as you are already a queen, I was wondering if you would become my Queen. So I must ask you..." He stopped for a second, "Will you marry me?" 

For a couple minutes, Evangeline said nothing, still staring at the Hatter's face. Matthew, completely clueless as what the silence meant, hung his head and began to stand, only to be stopped by the small figure of the Queen barreling into his. 

Evangeline pulled him into a deep yet short kiss, when she pulled back she smiled up at his now red face, and replied, "Yes. I will marry you, you crazy Hatter." 

From behind them they heard someone descend into hysteric and dramatic bawling. They turned and faced the source, to see Cheshire Cat upside down, a hand on his head, mouth open and tears streaming down his face. He made a unnatural noise (as unnatural as the creature he was) and continued to noisily cry. 

Evangeline laughs and shakes her head. The Hatter looked down and pulled her into a kiss. 

He pulled back and buried his face into her red hair, "I am never letting you or Malakai go."

The Queen said nothing as she nestled further into his chest, completely content.

A/N - Just a cute filler chapter for you all. Hope you liked. I'm still trying to find a script of Captain America: The Civil War, so I can get all of the lines accurate. I have watched it so I'm not going into it completely blind, the script is for accuracy. Again, hope you liked this chapter full of fluff and cuteness. Until next time, you crazy people.