t w e n t y t w o

"You never told me if you made it or not." I asked Dean later that night, he shrugged, "We won't know until Monday."

  I groaned, "But it's only Thursday. Really? That long?" He nodded and I sighed, "I still don't forgive myself."

  "But it wasn't your fault, Jake." He whispered, playing with my hair. He was leaned back against the wall, and I was laying down against his legs, "I know, but it's hers."

  "Yes. So don't blame yourself, okay?" He said, and I nodded, he sighed, "Good."

  "Hey, but don't you have your Science exam tomorrow afternoon?" I groaned and the event hit me like a ton of bricks, "I completely forgot."

  "But that also means you have a free morning, and my first exam isn't until Tuesday. I can help you study." He offered, and I chuckled, "Are you sure we'll actually be studying?"

  He rolled his eyes and chuckled with me, "You're not getting another kiss until you know the whole periodic table." I gasped and sat up to face him, "Cruel!"

  He just shrugged and laughed and I crawled closer to him, he moved his head as I tried to plant a kiss, he was smirking, "Oh come on, can we just start that tomorrow morning." He sighed and let me grab his neck and pull him in.

  "You have classes tomorrow, Dean." I whispered as I pulled back, he shrugged, "It's a course that doesn't involve an exam, no worries." I smiled and leaned in again, but before I could do anything, my phone started ringing loudly in my jacket pocket.

  I groaned and jumped up off of the bed, running to the floor where my coat was and pulling it out of the pocket, "Hello?" I said, a little breathlessly.

  "Jake!" It was Michael, I sighed and went back to Dean, I let him grab my hand and play with my fingers as I spoke to him.

  "What's up, Michael?" I asked, he hesitated, and I gulped noisily, then nodded a few times to myself as he spoke, I argued a little, but with a deep breath, I agreed, and then hung up.

  "What did he want?" Dean asked, a worried line creasing his forehead, "He's asking me to come in tomorrow morning."

  "You said yes!? Did you tell him about your exam at all?" He asked, I nodded, "He already knew about it, and he also knew it was in the afternoon, and I was free all morning."

He groaned and flopped himself down on the bed, my hand rested lifelessly on the mattress as the disappearing touch, "Just come to the shop, it's always dead, anyway. I'll have plenty of time to study in between costumers."

  He turned to his side to look at me, "You sure?" I nodded and he sat up again, "All right, fine. I'll come with you tomorrow morning. What time?"

  "He wants me by seven." He widened his eyes and groaned again. I chuckled and watched him pull the pillow over his face.

  Then he sighed and placed the pillow beside him, staring at the ceiling.

  "What you said today, did you mean it?" He whispered suddenly, and I bit my lip, "About the whole.. you know, loving you thing?" I whispered back, and he nodded.

  I closed my eyes, scared of what he would say, or how he would react, "Yeah, I really meant it. But it's okay if you didn't, I mean, I know it was sudden and all.." I was cut off by Dean's lips against mine.

  He pulled back then, "Shut up, you fool. Of course I meant it." He whispered against my lips, and I smiled, and pulled him in again. I could feel his smile against my lips, and it felt so right.

  "I'm really loving the way you make me shut up." I said as he pulled back again, leaning away so I could see his eyes. They crinkled up when he smiled again, and then he chuckled, "Me too." He winked and I crawled off of the bed, and towards the fireplace.