Posing As Mariah - Teaser

(Please tell me what you all think about this story, I already have nearly 4 chapters finished and, if the majority of you lot like it, I will also post a part which explains all the characters in the story and post the first few chapters. I won't be publishing the first chapter straight away, but maybe in the next couple weeks! Comment, vote, and share if you want to, lambs! Elise xx)

What if the "Songbird Supreme" had a twin?

We all know Mariah Carey - the solo artist with the most #1 hits, the artist who has sold over 200 million records worldwide, the legendary vocalist with a five octave vocal range that is famous for songs such as "Vision Of Love", "We Belong Together" and "All I Want For Christmas Is You". She's beautiful, kind, sexy and she's talented, but she's not always very confident inside.

Everyone believes that on March 27th, 1970, Patricia Carey (an opera singer) gave birth to a baby girl she named 'Mariah' after a song called "The Wind They Call Maria" from a famous musical. Mariah has two older siblings, Alison and Morgan - or so you think! The REAL story? On March 27th, 1970, Patricia Carey was expecting a baby girl. Instead, she gave birth to twins. Both were identical girls. No one, but the girls' family, knew this. Patricia named the first daughter Mariah and the second daughter Bianca.

Despite the surprise, Patricia treated both the girls the same. At the age of three, their parents divorced, leaving the two girls and their older brother, Morgan with their mother. Their older sister, Allison went to live with their father. Altogether, Mariah, Bianca, Morgan and Patricia moved thirteen times because of racism and discrimination in previous neighbourhoods. When Patricia married their father, Alfred - an Afro-Venezuelan man, her family disowned her, and her children were ridiculed for being from a multi-racial family.

Mariah was the show girl of the two, playing roles in musicals, singing in choirs and not interested in anything academic. She had a desire for music and acting, and was always a child at heart. Bianca was the opposite. She was the outcast of their school. No one paid much attention to her except for the few friends she had. Bianca learned to defend herself over the years, and has even beaten one of the most popular girls in school who had been bullying her for years. Her shade could knock down an entire army.

No matter what though, Mariah and Bianca were inseparable. They were best friends and they always stuck together through everything...well...that was until Mariah got famous. In 1990, Mariah released her debut album. Everyone went nuts for the new star. Bianca began to get jealous of her sister and the two developed a love-hate relationship with each other. One minute, they were fighting like wild animals, the next they were hugging and smiling as if nothing happened.

In 1999, Mariah decided to let Bianca star in her music video, "Heartbreaker". The song became a #1 hit (as usual). Mariah's fans were surprised by Bianca, who her sister described as her 'alter-ego'. Eventually, Bianca did an interview with Mariah which went viral on news shows around the globe. The whole world was shocked. Bianca had been dying her hair dark brown since she was a teenager, but still, it led a few people to believe that maybe this new girl wasn't just Mariah's 'other personality'. The people who believed the truth didn't dare to share their theories to the world. Mariah and Bianca remained just 'alter-egos'.

Then, in 2001, Mariah had a mental and physical breakdown. She collapsed in their mother's home when her and Bianca were visiting her. Mariah was rushed to hospital and was to stay there for two weeks. That was when Bianca had an idea. And no - it wasn't to kill her or anything. Her idea was to stand in for Mariah whenever she needed her to. Bianca knew how hard it was living as a huge star like Mariah. In these types of careers, you never sleep, you're constantly working and there never seems to be such thing as an 'on/off' switch. Mariah sent for her to be a decoy, for paparazzi, while she got a lot of much-needed rest.

Since then, Mariah and Bianca have been switching places with each other. Bianca did interviews, went out in public as her sister so Mariah could go out normally, and a lot of other things. They never really hated each other like what everyone thought in their sketches. Very few people know the truth. Bianca has also appeared in Mariah's music video for "Boy (I Need You)" from 2003, but since then, she hasn't made a public appearance as herself...

Until now.