5: 'Mariah's' Photoshoot

"B, come on! You're gonna be late!" My sister yelled from downstairs.

I was covering up my beauty mark and painting Mariah's on. She said that 'Vogue' would cover it, but I did it just to make sure. I was dressed in some casual clothing, since the outfits were at the venue already, and my 'hair' was left natural and curly. Once I finished my 'no makeup look', I made my way downstairs. Mariah was in the kitchen, preparing pancakes, while Roc and Roe were running down the halls, playing chase with each other.

I love how they play together all the time, it's so cute! I'm glad the 'twin gene' passed down to them! This is the closest I will be to having children, but I don't mind at all!

"I'm down." I called to Mariah, walking into the kitchen. As usual, she was there in her 'Mom clothes', flipping pancake batter and putting the finished products on white plates. She turned around, with a smile, and presented my breakfast to me.

"Voila!" She chirped.

"Thanks, Mimi."

"You're welcome. Now eat up, you got ten minutes 'till you leave!" Mariah instructed, and I nodded my head like a kid being told what to do.

She's always been the 'mother' one.

I ate my breakfast as quick as I could. So fast I thought I was about to choke. After eating, I brushed my teeth, and slipped my pair of black heels on. Once I was ready, I said goodbye to Mariah and the twins.

Roc and Roe ran up to me, with their arms outstretched, "Bye, Auntie B!"

"See y'all later, my little rascals!" I smiled, hugging them back.

I lightly pecked their foreheads and stood back up.

Mariah hugged me as well, "Bye, Bianca, remember what I said."

"Yeah, yeah, 'dahhhling', 'bleak', whatever." I nodded, "Bye, Mariah."

I got my bag and my keys and walked out the door, waving to them as I went out. My sister, niece and nephew waved back to me.

"Bye!"

"Bye, you guys! Roc, Roe, be good for your Mommy okay?"

"Yes, Auntie B! We will!"

"Good! See y'all at four!" I yelled, just as Mariah's driver, Leonardo, arrived. Mariah had closed the door in time, so he didn't see her. I jumped in the backseat of the carpool, and did my seatbelt, "How's it going, Leo, dahhhling?"

"I'm alright, Ms Carey...you?" Leo answered.

"Same here." I said.

"So...it's 'Vogue' studios?" He checked.

"Yup, that's right." I confirmed, more casually now. As long as I remained calm and relaxed, I could pull off talking like my sister for hours.

Doing everything like Mariah is part of my daily routine. Talking to friends, talking to co-workers, appearing on TV shows, etc. I've done a string of photoshoots for her before but most weren't for particularly big names. You'll most likely see me on a 2003 cover of 'Vibe'; I forgot my wig but the photographer actually liked my hair.

Yeah, he better have liked it! I spend twenty dollars a month to maintain these locks!

Okay, I guess that's not much considering I'm the sister of Mariah Carey.

But, I'd rather spend twenty dollars a month on hair shampoos than spend it on drugs.

Once Leo pulled up at the location, I thanked him and tipped him with fifty dollars, before stepping out of the car. I waved him off, and walked inside the building standing in front of me. Photographers were all over the place, colliding with their colleagues. I approached the female receptionist, behind a dark, wooden desk. She looked up, recognising 'me' straight away.

"Oh, Ms Carey, you're here! I'll call Dave over, right now!"

I didn't really like it when people gushed over me, but it's just one of those things you have to deal with. As a lookalike or a celebrity stand-in, you get to understand that. I nodded in response, before taking a seat in the waiting area. Mariah told me that Dave La Chapelle was a good photographer and a good person, so I wasn't sweating it. To be honest, I'm not too bothered about photographers asking me to flaunt my body - especially my boobs!

If you didn't know already, Mariah's boobs has been one of her trademarks since 2002. I mean, that's just common fact!

Even Mariah herself admits that - a bit cocky, if you ask me...

Of course, her voice will always be the first and foremost staple for her branding.

A man comes through the door, with a clipboard in his hand, "Mariah Carey?"

"That would be moi, Monsieur Chapelle!" I chirped, standing up and walking over to the man in question.

Pray to God, that you got it right, Bianca...

The man chuckled to himself, before pulling me in for a friendly hug, "Mariah, how are you doing?"

"I'm great, how about you?" I responded politely.

I followed him into the studio, where a couple other people sat in black, camping-chairs you find on movie-sets. I took off my jacket, placing it on a chair that said 'Mariah Carey' on the back in white, block capitals. In a flash, I was dragged right into hair and makeup. They spent half an hour each, clipping parts of my hair in every place possible and assortments of makeup brushes attacking my face. While they were at it, they rushed me into wardrobe.

After pulling up the last zipper of the figure-hugging dress, I was wearing, I was led back onto set. Dave lurked behind a professional standing-camera. Lights shone upon me in every direction. My body became exposed to the photographer flashing photos. Left and right, pictures were shot. They threw short commands, while I switched poses every three seconds.
When I tell you, it was a struggle, IT WAS A STRUGGLE.

Pulling poses that much is really damn good exercise!

Alright, I'm kidding! I wasn't running the London Marathon; more like running a photo decathlon!

No?

Okay.

..........

"Mariah!"

"Mariah!"

"Mariah, over here!"

As soon as I stepped foot, on the New York streets, pools of paparazzi charged for me. I readjusted my sunglasses, and smiled for those scroungy men. Yup, I hate the paps with a passion. Again, they each yelled commands, to which I had to obey. It was like walking into another photoshoot, but it was either I do what they say, or reporters on 'Clevver News', 'E!Entertainment' or 'TMZ' will post a story about some bulls***.

If I gave them a piece of my mind, you would most likely hear the 'TMZ' crew be like, 'Man! What's with Mariah Carey?', in the following few hours.

As soon as I got home, I could hear an unfamiliar voice from inside. I unlocked the door, took my coat off and decided to see what was going on. I went upstairs to grab my gun (a very realistic pretend one) and hunted for where the voice came from. I heard it the most when I stood by the doorway of the mermaid room. I crept downstairs, holding the gun handle firmly.

When I entered, I didn't see anyone threatening.

The man put his hands up, "Woah! Mariah, is that you?!"

Oh yeah - still wearing this wig...

I threw the wig off my head and took the net from my hair, revealing my dark brown locks. His jaw dropped to the floor. I put the gun in my pocket.

"Who the heck are you?!" He demanded.