2: Mr T & Resentment

*Wednesday 8th April, 2016, 10:30am*

I sat at the game shop, doing my thing - serving customers - when I saw a familiar face walk in. It was Bryan, walking in like the hit-man of Walmart! I began laughing my head, watching how he was running a hand through his hair and strutting over to the till.

Like, per-lease, b****! This is a game shop full of little kids and teenagers, not a nightclub! 💅🏼

Anyway!

Bryan smiled as he walked over to me. He leaned himself against the counter, his arms resting on the whole thing. I rolled my eyes and sighed, before smiling back at him.

"Hi, how can I help you?" I asked, with a huge, cracking smirk on my face.

"Hey, shawty, I'd like to rent some games-" Bryan started.

"Um, this is not a library, sir." I reminded him, "This is a shop. You can take these video games, pay some dough and never return them."

He playfully smacked my arm, "Nah, I'm just kidding!"

"Look, do you wanna buy some or not?" I questioned him, smacking his arm back.

"Okay, okay! I'm only messing around, B, you gotta realise that." He assured.

"Whatever...I'll show your kiddin' ass around, and you can take your pick of your favourites, okay?" I suggested, talking in a patronising voice.

This boy, right here, always gon' be a big kid. I swear.

"That'll be great...hot-ass." He responded, winking at me.

I stepped out from behind the till and signalled him to follow me, "This way."

"And don't play with me, or you won't get none of these vintage games..." I added, waiting for his response.

"Wait! These games are vintage?!" He shrieked.

"Excuse me, can you keep the noise down?!" My boss then yelled out of nowhere.

"It's okay, Fred! He's just my crazy-child-ass friend!" I yelled back.

"Alright, Bianca, but tell him that this ain't some nightclub in here!"

Exactly what I was thinking! But, he won't stop, sorry!

"So...back to these games..." Bryan interjected, "Are these really vintage?"

I shrugged, "Not all of them but, if you look close enough, you may find one!"

"Really?"

"Yes." I answered, "Now you better stop acting like Mr T and start looking!"

.........

"So, Bryan came to the game shop today?" Mariah asked.

We were lounging in the Moroccan room, while the kids were playing downstairs. The two of us decided to catch-up with each other, since we both had been busy lately.

"Yeah...he kept calling me 'shawty' and 'hot-ass', thinking I'm you-"

"Wait, really?" My sister cut me off. She looked a bit shocked.

"What? People hit on me too!" I insisted, "In fact, once a lesbian came onto me a few months ago."

"NO WAY! Nuh-uh, you lyin', sis!"

"Nah, I'm serious! She looked all butch and had this lusty look in her eyes!"

"What?! Why didn't you tell me?!" Mariah asked.