3: Sorting Schedules

(Heyy everyone, thank you for 100 reads already! I hope that you are enjoying this so far - this may not be an exciting chapter, but it's a necessary one because it's a vital part of the story. Enjoy, Elise x)

You know that moment after you argue with your older sibling and you'd wished they died? But then eventually you didn't mean it anymore?

Mariah and I are like that. Sometimes we say we hate each other but, really, we love each other more than anything. The only sibling I have hate towards is our older sister, Allison. To be honest, that girl's just so messed up in the head. Even Mom says so. Morgan's also a bit of a pain. Especially when they both try coming for Mariah just to get a quick buck.

Remember when Morgan went on the news and told them Mariah was drinking and doing drugs and he was 'worried' she would end up like Whitney? That is completely false - well, she was drinking, but what the f*** else do you expect a woman to do when she's just separated from her husband? I'll admit it, Mariah did drink a lot (hence the 2014-15 weight gain), but she never ever touched drugs. She's not that type of person. That's why I only trust Mariah and our Mom out of all my family.

If our father was still here, I would trust him too. I was just as upset as my sister when I found out he had died. He had almost all of Mariah's records, and he had a lot of pictures of us two in his house. He was in hospital for quite some time, and eventually he couldn't fight anymore. Mariah wrote a song dedicated to him for her 'Charmbracelet' album.

That girl can write anything and it's good. Mom and I always encouraged her to keep singing, and I'm so glad we did - look where she is now! I don't really have any talents, except for beating you at any video game you throw at me, and the fact I can play a mean guitar on 'Guitar Hero'. My high-score is number 4 on the world leaderboard - beat that!

The reason I am doing so much thinking, right now, is because I cannot get a wink of sleep! Seriously, I've been looking up at the ceiling for two hours now, just waiting for my damn eyes to close! I need the sleep because I have to go out and attract the paps so Mariah can take the kids to school. I have volunteered to do it (many times!), but she insists that I shouldn't have to help her and that we should live both our lives.

As if I've got any life though...

...........

*Thursday 9th April, 2016, 9:28am*

I put on some smart clothes, restyled my wig and touched up my makeup. I had just came back from distracting the paps, and I was getting ready to go to a meeting with Mariah's manager, Stella. Once every two weeks, I meet her, so I can report back to Mariah and then the both of us can work out our schedules. None of her team have a single clue that I'm not their client. That's always the goal when you have to stand-in for a celebrity.

Once I was ready, I had a cup of tea, yelled 'goodbye' to my sister, and drove to Stella's house. She didn't like having meetings at an office, so she invited me - well, Mariah - to her home. Everytime I go there, I have to knock on the door, say 'hello' to Stella, say 'hello' to her teenage daughter, ('Misha', I think...or was it, 'Mishy'? I don't know, they're Russian), lend my coat to her and go into their living room.

When she opened the door, Stella smiled with a full face of makeup on. I smiled back to be polite, and followed her inside. Stella prompted 'Mishy' to greet me, and she did. I waved at her and mumble a quick 'Hi', just wanting to get the meeting out the way. It always felt awkward, for me, here - I don't know how Mariah can feel comfortable in this place.