Prom! (Highschool AU)

DEDICATED TO FionnaTheBunny!!!!!!

alright im not in highschool yet i mean im on my way to middle school so i have no idea how highschool prom wORKS

--------------------------------------------

(Pearl's POV)

It was finally prom night! I've been looking forward to this night, because it was the night I was finally going ask out my crush, Garnet.

She's so beautiful, it hurts! I wish I was that beautiful... Then I would actually mean something. (NO PEARL DONT BE LIKE THAT U R MY WIFE)

But tonight, I won't be lonely anymore! If she says yes, that is... I hope she does.

As I walk through the halls, I spot her and hide behind a garbage can. Yes, terrible hiding spot, I know, but!!!

Anyway, I watch as she talks to some of her friends. I wish I was oNE OF THEM--

Ah! She's so perfect! So pretty, so strong, so confident...

Everything I'm not.

As I was caught in my thoughts, I didn't notice her walk right to where I was hiding!

"Uh..." She speaks, "Why are hiding behind a trash can?"

I look up at her and blink, then shoot up and almost lose my balance.

"Oh! I, u-uh... I-I was, just... I was..."

I laugh nervously and run off in the other direction. That was so embarrassing!

(Garnet's POV)

WHY IS SHE SO CUTE?

She's always doing these adorable things, and I just can't handle it! How does make herself look so pretty?

Too bad I can't muster up any courage to ask her to prom... It's tonight and I still have nobody to go with. But, some jock will most likely come over to ask one of the popular kids to prom. I wonder if Pearl has anyone to go with...

I highly doubt that. She's one of most picked on in school. And I find that really sad, for someone so beautiful.

We'll see.

(Time Skippity-do)

That night, I came back to school in my prom clothes. I won't go into detial, but let's just say they were "prom-appropriate".

I didn't have anyone to go with, since I rejected all the dudes who asked me in hopes of Pearl asking me instead. She didn't. I stood against the pole for a good five minutes, which I hoped to do the whole prom, until a car pulled up.

The car door opened, and out came Pearl. She was wearing a beautiful white, long dress, and had teal rose in her hair. She looked... Amazing.

She walked towards me with her hands clasped in front of her, looking down at the floor. She didn't seem to be looking where she was going, because she bumped into me.

Once she realized, she looked up at me, and stuttered, "O-oh! I-I, um, I'm s-so sorry! I--"

"It's ok."

"What?"

"You don't have to be sorry."

"O-oh."

After a few moments of silence, she finally spoke, "G-Garnet... I... I've been meaning to ask you this for a while now."

She grabbed my hands and held them in front of us.

"Y-you... I really, really like you. And I know you may not feel the same way, but I want you to know that you make me feel like I mean something. You make me feel like I have someone who's actually there for me... So, I'm going to ask you something, and you can reject if you want, I understand, but... I'm going to ask you this, and know I'm using all my courage to... Will you go out with me?"

As she said that, it felt like the whole world revolved around us. As if we were the center of attention, and everyone was watching.

I smiled, and nodded.

"Yes. I'll go out with you!"

She laughed and shot her hands up in the air victoriously. I hugged her and smiled, "You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to ask that..."

"You were expecting this?"

"No, not at all! This is a huge surprise to me... I just can't believe it actually happened!"

She laughed some more, and grabbed my hand, dragging me inside. We then started dancing. We kept dancing, and it was all perfect.