New Years

It is literally nowhere close to New Years but I have had this idea since I started this story so here

(Includes Lapidot and Stevonnie muahahaha)

"Ready for New Years, Connie?!" Steven asked as him and Connie ran back to the house.

"Yeah! I'm totally excited! The fireworks, the night sky! And my favorite part; the New Years kiss! It's so nice to see all these couples get together at midnight!"

Steven nodded, "Yeah! It's really nice!"

He ran up the stairs to his house and slammed the door open, "I GOT CONNIE WE'RE READY!!!"

"Alright!" Pearl clapped and smiled, "Let's get going, then!"

"YEAH! LET'S GET A MOVE ON!" Amethyst hopped up and ran outside, where Greg was waiting for them to bring them to the top of the hill.

"Let's go, you guys!" Greg yelled from inside his van, "We don't have all night, hah!"

They all piled into the van. As they were about to set off, Steven gasped and said, "Let's bring Lapis and Peridot!"

"Uh, I don't think they'd fit in the van, buddy."

"Well, they can ride on the roof! Like Garnet once did!"

Garnet chuckled. Greg thought about it and sighed, "Alright. Let's go get 'em..."

(Time Skip)

Peridot squeaked as the van started moving, her being on top of it. She held onto Lapis tightly, and Lapis just laughed.

"Why did we agree to thiiiiis..."

Pearl cleared her throat, "So, um, Steven? What is this 'New Years Kiss' you kept talking about yesterday?"

"Oh! Its, uh, like when a couple comes together at midnight on New Years Eve, and at the end of the countdown, they kiss! It's really sweet!"

"Hmm..."

(Up the hill)

"We're here!" Greg said as he stopped the van.

The gems got out of the van and sat down on the grass, watching the twinkling ocean water in front if them.

"This view is... Nice," Pearl said to Garnet, as she locked hands with her.

"Yeah."

Pearl laughed and looked around. She saw Steven and Connie laughing and playing, Peridot on top of a water bubble Lapis made, making Lapis laugh, and Amethyst... Just sitting.

"Amethyst, you're by yourself."

"Eh, I'm fine forever alone."

Steven called from the other side of the hill, "GUYS! GET READY FOR THE COUNTDOWN!"

"Countdown?" Peridot asked.

"JUST COUNT DOWN FROM 10 TO 1!!"

"O-Ok!"

"10!"

"9!"

"8!"

"7!"

"6!"

"5!"

Garnet stopped counting and looked at Pearl. She smiled and prepared to pull her in for at the count of...

"1!"

She grabbed Pearl by the shoulders, and pushed her own lips into Pearl's

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!"

They could hear the fireworks and the cheering of all the citizens around them.

When they parted, they looked around, seeing Steven and Connie kissing, as well as Lapis and Peridot.

Pearl shrugged and pulled Garnet back in. The fireworks set off in front of them as their lips stayed together.

This may have been one of the best nights for the couple. It was perfect. The fireworks, the night sky. And their favorite part;

The New Years kiss.