The Geek and The Popular (Human AU)

Idea: FionnaTheBunny

(Garnet's POV)

I really hope my mom buys me these tickets...!

Tonight is a live show with my favorite singer, Pearl! She actually has a really fancy name, but most just call her Pearl...

Anyway! I've been looking forward to this night all summer, and now, I finally might get a chance to go to one of her shows! I'm so excited!

I pick up my computer to check what the show's starting time, even though I had everything recognized. And, just as I remembered, the show starts at 8:45 PM July 10th, 2016. And right now it's 6:57. Just enough time to get to the show! I thought, until I heard a knock on my door.

"C-Come in!"

The door opens to reveal my mom, seeming to be holding something behind her back.

"Hey, sweetie! I got you something~"

I smiled and clapped like a child as she sat next to me.

"I know you said you wanted this very much, and I just so happened to get it on such short notice..."

I beamed. This is my chance!!!

"And so, I got you a new phone! It's new, and it has so many amazing features, I know you'll love it, honey~"

I frowned, and took the phone from her. "O...Oh..."

"Oh, and I got you these tickets!"

She handed me the tickets and I smiled again, hugging her tightly.

"Oh, thank you thank you thank you, THANK YOU, Mom!"

"Oh, you're welcome, sweetie... Now, you have a show to get to. Want a ride?"

"Y-Yes! Yes, thank you!"

We ran downstairs and got into her car, driving off to Pearl's show. I can't believe this is actually happening, I thought, For once, I get to go to one of her shows. For once, I can spend a day happy!

(Time Skeeeeaaap)

As we arrived at the show, it was 8:32, so I had just enough time to get inside and get a good spot. I was so excited!

Once the show was about to start, I saw more people filing in to watch the show. This is going to be awesome~

. . .

After the show, I got to go backstage and get a chance to meet Pearl herself! As I walked around backstage, I looked everywhere to find Pearl, but was only met with some familiar faces. (ALL AROUND ME ARE FAMILIAR FACES)

I was suddenly pushed to the ground. I looked to see who pushed me. It was the mean girls... From school. I thought I wouldn't have to deal with them this summer...

"Hm, so you're a Pearl fan, too? I guess that's the only good thing about you. You don't deserve to be back here, how did you even-"

"Not telling..." I said as I stood back up.

"Hmph. Fine. But just so you know, you don't belong here. You can go kill yourself. I can assure you your parents would be glad. Right girls?"

She signalled for her friends to laugh, and they did.

"You wanna know why?" I shook my head 'no.' "Because you're a worthless piece of crap who will never find her place in our school because no one likes you, so you can go hang yourself and never show up in our school again! You gay loser."