Chapter 10

We arrived in Illinois around midnight. The flight went pretty smooth besides some turbulence while passing through a storm. Instead of checking into a hotel, we were just staying with another one of our close family friends. Considering the fact that their house is absolutely ginormous, they were able to fit us in perfectly into their home. They were the ones that made the offer first anyways.

I woke up in the bed I was in, and turned to look at my phone. I had a few messages from my friends back in Blakeson Canyons, and a few messages from my friends from here asking what time my family and I were leaving to go to the funeral today.

Right. Today is Sunday. Andrew's funeral.

I rubbed my eyes and got out of bed to use the bathroom. The cold marble floor made my feet turn into ice, so I had to quickly turn around and put on socks, then go back.

As I walked into the bathroom, the first thing I did was look into the mirror. I put on a face mask yesterday, I deep conditioned my hair, I did my nails, but yet I still looked so thrown away.

Finishing getting ready in the bathroom for today, I decided to save putting my funeral clothes on until after I'm done eating breakfast. I tend to get a bit messy, so that wouldn't be good considering the fact that my only outfit for today is..the only outfit I brought for today.

I walked downstairs into the kitchen being greeted by all of the adults, and a nice big breakfast. The breakfast was nice considering the fact that I haven't really eaten anything over the past few days. I got full very quickly though.

When I was finished, I then made small talk with our family friends, the Bauges, and went upstairs with my parents to finish getting ready for today.

We left around 9ish, and were almost there. I think I can see the church from here, and everyone standing outside.

"Rose, you'll be fine today, we all will. What happened is very devastating, and of course we will all mourn again today about the loss of a loved one, but, we'll all heal together as well. None of us are alone on this, we have eachother." My mom spoke turning around in the car looking at me. She placed a hand on one of my kneecaps.

I gave a slight smile, and nodded my head agreeing with her.

We eventually arrived at the church, and everyone automatically recognized us despite us being in a rental car. When we parked, I took a deep breath, and got out. I saw Sara, Sammy, and Erica all running to the car.

"Rose!" They all shouted. Within seconds we all collided into a group hug and began to cry on each others shoulders. After a couple of minutes passed, we all pulled away and looked at each other.

"He wouldn't have done something like this." Erica spoke wiping her eyes. I looked at her stunned.

"You think that too? I thought I was the only one." I said folding my arms. Andrew didn't have any enemies though, if this wasn't a suicide then what was it? Murder? By who?

"He would have talked to all of us about his depression, even you Rose. Something just isn't right." Stacey added in. We all nodded our heads agreeing.

"When was the last time you guys talked to him?" I questioned.

"last week."