Chapter 1

I took my first step inside of my brand new, and empty, house. It was decent in size, and smelt of fresh, but oddly scented, wood.

All throughout this house there are beautifully rich dark wooden floors waiting to be mopped, even upstairs.

My parents have showed me pictures of the house weeks before moving here, and we have definitely upgraded: it's much bigger in person, and beautiful inside and out although it needs to be cleaned.

The pastel blue walls give off a sense of comfort , while the wide windows let in warmth, brightness, and happiness into a house that would be so bleak without it.

We went from living in a small apartment to this, so honestly, I'm grateful. However, for some reason, I still do not feel pleased.

This situation is great for my parents, but just not for me. They've struggled for years with their marriage and financial issues, but finally here we are secure for once.

With my dad transferring jobs more money is going to be coming into the house, and there will hopefully be less stress.

My parents already seem happy for once, and I'm glad for them, but all of my friends, all of my childhood, is 6 hours away from me on a plane.

It's great to start fresh every once in a while, but not going into senior year. School out here started about two weeks ago, and my first day will be this upcoming Monday.

I guess you can say I'm nervous and scared, who wouldn't be?

"Rose it's beautiful isn't it?" My mom questioned disrupting me from my thoughts. She had a huge smile across her face, and seemed super happy. Before, my parents were grouchy all of the time due to past circumstances.

I wish they had another child so I could have had at least someone to stick with through those rough times.

I guess that's a con of being an only child.

I looked around and smiled as well, "Very, it needs to get cleaned though" I laughed crouching to the ground. I slid my pointer finger across the dark wooden floors, and pulled it up showing my mom how dusty these floors truly are.

"Very true, I agree, thankfully though the cleaning ladies should get here and be done before the movers arrive. How about you go upstairs and pick out what room you like the best for yourself?"

I was going to do exactly that, and started heading upstairs.

I can tell that this house had just been built not too long ago. As I went up the stairs, the wooden floors didn't squeak one bit like how I know a lot of older homes do. Only one family lived in this house before us, I think they had an older daughter around my age.

As I reached the top of the stairs, not only did I realize I need to workout more, but that this house had five bedrooms.

If we're a family of 3, why didn't my parents get a smaller house? Maybe they got sold on the gorgeous updated kitchen we have downstairs, and just couldn't say no.

After realizing which room is of course the master bedroom, I explored the other four rooms trying to determine which one I wanted to be mine.

One room had a beautiful bathroom in it, one room had a good amount of space with its' own built in loft, one room had an excellent view where you could see the mountains from, and another room had a huge walk in closet.

I decided to choose the room that had the bathroom in it. It's easier to go to the bathroom at night if you only have to take a couple steps to it, rather than run down the hallway to get to it fearing monsters will come after you.