Chapter 12

It's now the end of October, and the days are moving by pretty quickly. School is going okay, my old friends from Illinois and I just planned a summer trip together, and all of our parents gave us the okay to do it. So that's something to look forward to. It would be considered a graduation present, and I'm definitely okay with that. I have to apply to Northwestern in January, and I hope I make it into their medical field. They're highly competitive, but as long as I believe in and push myself, I'll get in. I'm sure of it.

Nina had the craziest idea of going to fright fest at Six flags, so here we are. Six teenagers freezing cold waiting in long lines to go on rollercoasters. Oh, and the best part, lunatics dressed up in zombie outfits and make up keep scaring us.

"Come on guys this is hilarious, there are way more scarier things in life." Danny spoke cracking up laughing after we just screamed from getting scared by some clown person. I hate clowns.

"It's not funny I almost threw hands at that clown." Nina spoke trying to calm herself down. Danny laughed even harder. Everyone in the line was basically staring at us, probably wondering what drugs we were on.

"All I know is, we need heaters up in this place before I turn into a chocolate popsicle." Tia spoke burying herself deeper in her coat.

"Amen to that." I said trying to warm up my hands, I could barely feel them.

After another 15 or so minutes passed, the line was finally moving up and we were almost to the point where we could line up in columns to get on the ride. The ride was a two seater, so it was Tia and I in the line, Hanna and Jackson next, and then Danny and Nina.

When it's finally time for us to get into our seats, we all looked at each other.

"If I die, tell my mom I stole $20 out of her purse to buy weed one time." Jackson said sitting down beginning to buckle himself in.

We all laughed.

"If I die I'm suing EVEERRYYOONNEE." Tia added in. However, wouldn't that be impossible if she's dead?

"At least if all of us die, Danny and Nina will die next to eachother." I spoke trying to turn around to see Danny and Nina's reactions. They were both blushing, and smiling. I turned back around with a smile on my face. Maybe later on today I'll talk to Danny about asking her out.

Once the workers checked our seat belts and levers, we were good to go. When the ride finally started the butterflies suddenly woke up in my stomach, and Jackson already began to scream.

We were all cracking up laughing, he must not be a fan of rollercoasters.

"Jackson shut the fuck up!" I heard Hanna shout. We were now going up, and we would be reaching one of the drops soon.

"I'm sorry!" I heard him shout back. I would be laughing really hard right now, but I'm scared too.

The rollercoaster then began going down the drop, and it was absolutely hilarious. I think I almost flew out of my seat a few times because of how raggedy it was, and I kept flying into Tia. Out of everyone in the carts screaming, Jackson had to be the loudest. He sounded like a little girl that just got her toys taken away. I bet none of us will get over that.

The ride finally ended, and we got off.  I quickly looked at Jackson, dying of laughter, only to see him holding his mouth with a slightly greenish face.