Chapter 27

I jumped to the sound of the lightning that crackled outside. I've never heard of thunderstorms happening in the pre-winter time, but the weather has also been acting up lately. Just yesterday it reached 52 degrees outside, which is very odd if you ask me.

The thunder rumbled greatly causing me to get distracted again. I like storms, but not severe ones.

I finished reading the chapters I needed to read tonight for my english class, and closed my book. We were currently focusing on the book The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I already watched the movie, so I wasn't very interested in reading the book, but the book is way better than the actual movie.

"Great book, isn't it?" I heard a familiar voice question. I looked up expecting it to be my mom or dad because they were both out of the house at the moment, but it was neither.

It was Blaire.

My heart dropped.

I quickly pulled myself upward on my bed using my hands, and began to place one of my legs off of my bed incase I needed to stand up and defend myself.

"Blaire...how did you get in here?" I spoke nervously. He continued to stand in the doorway looking at me with his sharp blue eyes.

I shifted towards my lamp that was near me, incase I needed to grab it for protection. Blaire seemed to notice.

Lightning struck in the background, causing the lights to flicker, and the whole house to illuminate.

"Your parents let me in." He responded, however, he was lying.

My parents aren't home.

I stared at him.

"Blaire.." I said carefully not wanting to escalate the situation.

"How did you truthfully get in here...my parents didn't let you in.."

I didn't want to tell him that my parents weren't home, because who knows what could happen.

Who knows what he would do then.

Blaire let out a sigh, and looked down at the floor.

"I..snuck through your window downstairs...it was unlocked.." He said shamefully.

I looked away from him, and out the window. The rain continued to fall harshly.

Although I also snuck into his house, I had an important reason to. It wasn't right, but it was necessary. Him sneaking into my house however, especially after everything that happened, is creepy. If he caught me, it's not like it was revealed that I'm a psychopath, a killer, a stalker, and much more. It's not like we had some huge argument before that, and I was in the wrong, threatened people, and acted completely crazy.

I'm scared of Blaire...

But he definitely isn't scared of me.

"Rose..you don't have to be afraid." Blaire spoke as if he was reading my thoughts.

I looked at him.

"How can't I? You're.....crazy Blaire. You need way more help than what you're getting from your medications.....Threatening Eli? Watching me? The temper tantrums you have...the notes to Allison..her hair..."

Blaire squeezed his eyes shut and clenched his jaw.

"I-I know Rose. I'm....really trying to search for places that can help me. Just please let me explain everything, please." He spoke taking a step forward.