Ch 2--Morning After

***guys who have read this before: I just seperated this from Chapter 1.  Don't freak.  There really hasn't been much content change.  I just toned down the first chapter!***

Chapter 2

                I never thought that the clock would strike seven a.m., but when it did, I was out of the bed so fast it would make a sane person’s head spin, but seeing that I’ve been up since one, I can no longer be considered sane.  I head downstairs in the clothes I attempted to go back to sleep in which in turn were the same ones I was wearing when I had my little run in with Cameron in the living room.

                You know that saying, ‘don’t do things at night that you’ll regret in the morning?’  Yeah, I wish I would have remembered that last night because I have some severe regret going on right now.  Without even meaning to, I am in the kitchen and starting breakfast.  Cooking always calms me down, so I hope everyone wakes up hungry because my hormones are in full throttle and I’m not sure just plain jane scrambled eggs will fix them.

                I just put the last of the waffle batter into the waffle iron, topped off the eggs with shredded cheese that needs to melt, and now I’m starting on the bacon.  It only takes a second before the savory bacon aroma is filling the whole house.  How do I know this, you ask?  Well, I’m a genius, and maybe because the scream from upstairs alerted me to Maria being awake, and she might have screamed something about bacon.  I’m still leaning towards the first one though.

                I hear quick footfalls on the stairs, and I turn around just in time to see Maria happy face standing in front of me.  She comes towards me, acting like she wants a hug, but I know better.  I point the fork I’m holding towards the table and give her a stern look.  “No bacon until everything’s done, Maria.” 

                “Awe come on Amanda, I just wanted a hug!”  I open my arms, but she fakes left, grabs a piece that I had sitting on a napkin, and off she goes, knowing she better run or suffer my wrath.

                I’m so engrossed in flipping the bacon, checking the eggs, and waiting for the exact moment when the waffles turn the perfect shade of golden brown that I miss two people joining me and Maria in the kitchen. 

                “Mmmm.  What smells so good?”  I jump about a foot, forcing my back to be pressed into Cameron’s shirtless chest.

                “Take a chill pill Panda.  I didn’t mean to scare you.” I hear Maria and Timothy, his friend who spent the night last night, laugh behind me.  I just shake my head and attempt to move away, but Cameron has a firm grip on my waist.  His lips gently brush my ear as he breathes huskily on my neck before pushing me back towards the stove.

                “So, what’s the occasion?”  Cameron asks as he picks up a piece of bacon despite me battering him with my fork.   Before I can respond, Maria pipes up.

                “Did you not sleep last night?  I felt you get up around one, but you never came back in the room.”  I can feel my cheeks heating up just thinking about what I was doing around one o’clock this morning, but only Cameron and I know what happened no one else.  Thank goodness.

                “No.  I woke up and went to the guest room.  I didn’t want to bother you.”  Maria shakes her head in concern, but that’s all I see on her face before turning around to remove the waffles from the very hot waffle plates.

                “Is the same nightmare again?”  My body goes stiff all over.  I cannot believe she is bringing up my nightmare with the guys in the room.  What the hell is wrong with her?  Her and I both know where this conversation leads, straight to her telling me I need to go to a shrink to try and resolve whatever keeps these nightmares coming back.