Dear Mercedes

---------------------

Dedication: OutcastedDreams for the awesome cover!

---------------------

Dear Mercedes,

It feels weird to write that since we have not spoken for a long time. I was a terrible best friend. So were you. But I started it.

I want to apologise for everything that I have done. I couldn't leave without telling you that.

I really am sorry. I didn't treat you well at all. I made all of this happen. I'm honestly, really sorry. I hope that we can forgive each other one day.

I'm planning to do a year in Hawaii. I need a fresh start and to leave this place. I hope that you and Aiden can grow and be happy, with whatever happens.

We did a lot of bad things to each other. I don't know why we grew into such hatred, but we did. It's time for me to stop blaming everyone else and blame me. I am the sole reason for everything to have become so screwed up.

That's why it's time to go.

I'm sorry, but this isn't going to end with friendship, although I don't know if that's what you want or not anyway.

I don't think we can be in each other's lives the way we used to. A year can change a lot, so who knows. But for now, I'd rather just cut ties once and for all. I don't want to be forever thinking that we should have apologised to each other. I don't care (that much) if you don't apologise for what you've done. But I'll feel better knowing that I have, at least.

I hope that your future is bright. I hope everything goes well during birth and that your child will be healthy. I wish you all the best for everything.

In a year's time, we will see how things are. I don't think we will ever be best friends again, I'm sorry. Too much has happened. We both can't ignore it. In saying that, there could be hope. It's hard to say now, however.

I have a flight to catch. Thanks for reading this letter.

Lacey.