Chapter Thirteen

---------------------------------

Dedication: Im_harrys_wife for the awesome cover! Thank you so much. :)

Recap:

"There's so much about the night of your sixteenth birthday that you don't know!" he cried out desperately. He limped, as if in physical pain, to the bottom of the stairs, his eyes pleading for me to understand. It wasn't just the whole 'sleeping with my best friend and getting her pregnant thing' that had me so annoyed. It contributed greatly of course, but it was the fact that every time I got close to him, he would do something to push me away. I paused and stared into those eyes I love so much.

Is it true?

Is there really something I don't know about that night, that ruined us?

Did I even want to know?

"I didn't want to leave you that night. I could have stayed like that for the rest of my life! I promise you. But I needed to leave."

The anger inside me fizzled out. I felt exhausted. I sagged down and collapsed onto the top step, unable to support my own weight anymore. He sat on the bottom step and looked up at me. I felt empty. I stared coolly down towards him, giving up on being sad. Being angry. I was just tired of all my emotions and feelings. With a sigh, I rubbed my face roughly.

"Tell me everything."

---------------------------------

I was finally doing it.

After so long of holding back being afraid to, I finally was.

Running my tongue across my lips, I let myself pause for a moment. I knew this wasn't a good idea, but I felt so messed up inside. I didn't have anywhere else to go or anyone else to be with. I literally had no one.

My fingers trailed down his chest, my lips making a track across his stomach. His finger slid underneath my chin, so that I was looking into his beautiful eyes. I took a moment to just appreciate him. He was not only gorgeous but had the biggest heart I had ever known.

He had been good to me when I didn't deserve it.

"Are you sure?" he asked me softly, giving me an escape clause if I needed it.

I didn't reply, but slammed my lips to his instead. This answer must have been sufficient enough, because my top was ripped from my body with seconds. This was going very fast paced since only an hour ago I was almost suicidal.

I suppose we've waited long enough, that now it feels like we're running out of time.

My heart was beating rapidly inside my chest. My fingers began trembling. Noticing this, he entwined his fingers with mine, giving me a look of certainty. He slowly raised my hand to his lips and softly kissed it, making my stomach do a flip.

Was I ready to do this again?

"I love you so much, Lacey." he whispered onto my lips, running his hands through my hair. "You don't not know how long I have wanted to do this."

"I know, Aiden. I know."

*************************** Six Hours Earlier ********************************

I silently stared into Carter's electric eyes.