Chapter Twenty Four

Thanks fictionaladventures, who said the song "The Weight" by Shawn Mendes reminds her of this story.

Dedication: DivingIntoBree for the amazing cover!

Recap:

"Hey, what was all that about?" Anna asked quietly. Her eyebrows were furrowed over her mask as she peered down at me. "With Mercedes?"

"She said I looked nice."

"How thoughtful of her." She remarked dryly. "Oh, there's Ryan, gotta go."

She spun on her heel and briskly walked from me, covering her masked face. I glanced at Ryan who watched her in amusement. He turned, pretending to not have seen her. Cheat.

I took a sip of the punch and grimaced at the foul taste. As the drink got lower, the more spiked it became. People were putting anything they could in there, so now it tasted even more terrible. A yawn escaped me as I placed my cup on the table. I stumbled slightly to my left. A warm hand steadied me and I gasped, not realising someone was behind me. I was spun on my heel. His lips met mine in a rush. They moved together in complete synchronisation. He stepped back. I breathlessly looked up. The blood inside my veins froze.

The eyes behind the mask were dark brown.

—————————————-

What. The. Hell.

One minute, I was by the table, having a drink. The next, Aiden suddenly appears and thinks it's alright to kiss me? Um, excuse me? I'm practically back with Carter and the mother of his unborn baby is in the very same room as us. What the hell was he thinking?

After the passionate kiss, he took off from me. Okay, so I didn't see his face - it's dark and he was wearing a mask. But I knew those eyes. I knew those lips. It was Aiden.

I was still shaking. Should I tell Carter? I don't particularly want to have that conversation with him. Do I even need to? It's not like we're definitely together. I should. I need to. My stomach clenched at the thought of it.

The game was over now - I hadn't bothered hiding from Carter. I was still in shock. He had gone to round up the other's and we were about to head to the after party.

Unfortunately, we didn't win the tickets. Not that I really cared about that now anyway. Did I still like Aiden? I'm so confused. I couldn't be with him.

1- Because we have tried and tried before, it just doesn't work. Carter is too apart of my life. It's too hard.

2- He now has a child to think about. To my ex-best friend. Awkward? Extremely.

"Ready to go?"

And it's not like I am in love with him or anything. Yeah, I think he's attractive. Yeah, I think he's a nice, genuine guy (except cheating on me with my best friend, but hey, we're all as bad as each other, so I shouldn't pin that on him when I cheated on him too).

"Lacey?"

"What?" I asked, not having realised Carter and the two others had re-joined me.

"Are you ready to go?" Carter asked, placing a hand on my lower back.

"O-oh yes. Yeah, sure." I stammered. I stared at him. We were already on shaky ground. This would definitely push us over the edge.

My drunken mind decided then and there. I'm not going to tell him.