Destined From The Start (One-Shot)

Childhood Sweethearts - One Shot, written by Katiefayeb. 

Cover  by xReillyCatx.

Thank you so much for writing this! I loved it. :)

2.5 years in the Future

I could see the sun beginning to shine through the curtains of our bedroom, which could mean only one thing, Carter was up.

I pulled the pillow over top of my head doing my best to block it out, I needed a few more hours of sleep. Groaning I rolled over trying to get comfortable again, and failing miserably.

"What are you doing?''

I heard him laugh from the other side of the room.

"You and your curtains woke me up." I complained.

He looked heavenly, flannel pajama pants slung low on his hips and the sun caught the shine in his hair. I lifted up the blanket patting the space beside me for him to get in. He grinned at me before doing so, I snuggled myself into his side.

"You're awfully affectionate this morning." He said running his fingers along my arm.

"Mmm." I mumbled, he was warm and all I wanted to do was go back to sleep. We lay there for a few minutes until the alarm went off.

"I've got to get up and take a shower." Carter said trying to untangle me.

I whined, "Don't go to work today."

He kissed the top of my head and went into the bathroom turning on the water. He came to stand in the door way, "Wanna join me?"

That boyish smirk I loved so much, on his face. I couldn't help but to laugh, "Just take a shower you dork."

I grabbed my phone off of the charger beside my bed texting Mom to let her know that I was awake, I was watching Allie today while she and some old friends went shopping.

A few minutes later she called, "Hello?' I answered. "Good morning to you too. You feeling okay?" Mom asked.

I sat up in bed, "Yeah I'm just tired, you can bring Allie by any time Carter is about to leave for work."

We only lived about 10 miles from our parent's houses.

"Okay she's just finishing up breakfast and we'll be over. See you later."

I hung up and scrolled through all my emails from work, one about a new couple caught my eye. I was working as an intern for an adoption agency I had a few more courses until I would be able to be an agent all on my own. I was just finishing up my reply when Carter came out of the bathroom dressed in his scrubs, he was in the works of getting his medical degree to be a paramedic, but he was still a pre-med student.

"Who was that?" He asked running the towel over his head.

"Just Mom, I'm going to watch Allie for her today." He sat on the bed and put on his shoes, then grabbed his phone.

"Alright, well I've got to go. I left you a surprise down stairs. I love you." Carter said laying his hand on my hip, moving it to my stomach rubbing it. "And Daddy loves you too baby."

A soft smile fell on my face as he kissed my stomach. I put my hand on top of his head running my fingers through his still wet hair as he talked to the baby.