XX

| warmth |

(—yeong)

I saw him. The bright smile I had seen everyday. But this time, his name was Hoseok. Not stalker. Not weirdo. Not creep. He's Hoseok. Just one of my friends' friends.

I ran to him. Shivering. It was raining in Seoul. All I could do was hug myself for warmth. My school uniform's cardigan wasn't doing any help.

Damn weather changes. Why must you do this.

I thought to myself. I made my way under his umbrella. I looked up at him and we made eye contact again. He smiled warmly. Man, his smile was so warm that I started to feel better in this cold weather. Cheesy? I know right.

We walked all the way to a bus stop. We walked into the bus that had stopped in front of us. I sat beside the window. Hoseok sitting next to me. I sighed as I looked out the window. I couldn't see anything clearly. Probably because of the rain droplets falling onto the window and blocking my view.

I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders. I looked next to me and saw that is was Hoseok's arm. He wasn't looking at me for a second. Finally. Some time for me to look at him without him looking at me.

He had dark brown hair which fell over his forehead. He seemed to have a permanent smile on his face at all times. He had deep brown eyes to go with his brown hair.

Suddenly, he looked at me. He smiled wider. I smiled back before looking forward. The bus had stopped again. A woman and, I'm guessing, her two kids walked into the bus. One of the kids, which was a girl, pointed at me.

"Umma! That noona is pretty too!" The child smiled. The woman told the girl to stop pointing. "I'm so sorry. But, it's very true. You are very beautiful." The woman smiled before carrying the girl and holding the little boy's hand and leading them to the back of the bus.

I just blushed. Hoseok saw my reaction to the compliment and smiled. "They're both very truthful. You are a beautiful girl."

I blushed even more at the compliment he'd given me. Is it even possible to blush this much? How does one not blush this much?

The bus stopped at the street in which the café was at. Hoseok helped me up from the bus seat. I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up. We both walked out of the bus and into the café.

The scent of coffee and other warm drinks filled the café. I inhaled and exhaled. It smelled amazing in this café. Hoseok looked at me and led me towards the line for ordering. He pointed at the menu.

"So, what do you want?" He asked. "Um, this seems like a fancy café. And you're also paying. I don't want to order something expen-" "Do you drink caffeinated drinks?" He asked me. I shook my head. He nodded.

Once it was our turn to order, I could see Hoseok grabbing his wallet out of his pocket, holding it until we had finished ordering.

"What may I get you two?" The man behind the register asked. "Oh, um-" "One hot chocolate and one coffee. My usual. Nari should know what I'm talking about." Hoseok replied. The man nodded and left the register.

Hoseok turned to me and smiled. Again.

"You didn't have to do that. I could've ordered it myself." I said. "I know but I'm just trying to be polite. I would like it if you were my friend, so why not be kind to you." He replied before motioning me to follow him to a table.

We sat beside a window that had a perfect view of the streets. The rain pouring onto the window made everything a bit more calming.

I reached into my bag and grabbed my sailor moon wallet. I pulled a twenty dollar bill out from it and handed it to Hoseok. He looked at me confused.

"What's this for?" He asked, pointing at the money. "I'm paying you back. For the drinks and for helping me outside of the school." I smiled. "Oh, that? Those were just kind acts of kindness. You don't pay for those." He smiled back. "But, you spent all that time on me. You really didn't. You could be studying for that test we have in English class." I replied, pushing the money towards him.

He laughed.

"It's fine. Keep your money. I don't need it." He smiled before moving my hand with the money back to me, "Nice wallet by the way."

I placed the money into my wallet and put the wallet back into my bag. Hoseok just looked outside the window, smiling. What's with the guy and smiling?

"Excuse me?" A voice asked. Hoseok and I faced the source of the voice.

In front of our table was a girl, she looked older than me and Hoseok. Maybe in her early twenties? In her hands were two drinks. Most likely our drinks.

"Oh, hi Nari noona." Hoseok smiled. "Yah~ Hoseok. You smile every time you come here. You know you can keep a straight face every once in a while, right?" The girl laughed. "I know. But, it just makes me look like I'm bored." He replied.

Nari laughed again. "Man, you really are full of hope, huh?"

Full of hope? I really wish I had better memory, so that I could remember this stuff.

I shook off the thought. "Do you know Hoseok?" I asked. Nari looked towards me. "We go to the same dance classes. So, we basically see each other every day." Nari smiled, "Oh, right. I forgot these were yours."

Nari placed the two drinks in front of us. "Nari! There's a costumer that says you know their usual!"

Nari looked back at the man who had yelled for her. She looked back at me and Hoseok. She then smirked at Hoseok. "Well, I gotta go. You two have fun, you lovebirds." She laughed before leaving our table.

I looked at Hoseok. Who was blushing. A light pink tint was across both of his cheeks. I smiled a bit and then took a sip of my drink. Hoseok saw that I was already drinking my drink and quickly grabbed his drink.

"Let's go to my house to study." Hoseok smiled awkwardly while standing up. "Oh, okay." I said, grabbing my bag and standing also.

We walked out of the café and Hoseok opened his umbrella. We walked under it, taking sips from our drinks along the way to his house.

Lovebirds. Is she being serious? Why would she say that? Unless. . .

. . . Hoseok likes me. . .