+

| epilogue |

(—yeong)

"Hoseok! You ass!" "Hey! You pushed me into the pool already, it's only fair if I do the same back." "Jung fucking Hoseok!" "I don't know anyone named Jung." "What? Oh, you little-" "But, I do know someone named Yeong." "I'm not fucking you, you asshole. Now get back here and let me push you." "Well, then.. I guess you'll have to catch me!"

Sometimes I question why I've managed to stay in love with this dork for two whole years. But, then I remember.

That he is a horse that just needs love.

Actually? I don't really know why I'm still dating this guy, but who cares? I love him.

"Got you now!" "Yeong! Wait! My phone is ringing." "Oh, okay. Go answer it. Then I'll push you into the pool." "Sure.. You go play with that rubber duck that you wanted in the pool and I'll take the call." "Fine then."

I watched as he grabbed his phone that had been on the lounge chair stacked on the folded towels. I tilted my head as I watched him place the phone beside his ear.

"Hello?.. Oh, yes. This is Jung Hoseok.. Ah.. Right.. About that I'm not able to be there at the moment- Are you sure?.. Okay, then.. I'll be at the entertainment building soon.. No problem. Bye."

He had started to pick up his towel and other belongings. I walked towards him and looked at him.

"What's wrong?" "Huh? Oh, it's nothing." "Then, why are you grabbing your things?" "Well, um.." "Hoseok?" "Yeong, you know what? I'll just call you later and we can talk about it over the phone. Okay?" "No, not okay! Why can't you just tell me now?" "Because, I need to be somewhere right now." "We've only been at the pool for fifteen minutes and you're already going? If you had to be somewhere, we didn't have to plan a day at the pool-" "Yeong, you don't understand-" "I'm pretty sure I'd understand if you told me."

He sighed. Pushing me aside and walking past me.

"Jung Hoseok! You're just leaving? Why-" "Yeong, I've told you. I need to go-"

I ran and grabbed ahold of his wrist before he walked past the gate.

"Tell me why you're leaving!"

"Not now!"

He took his wrist out of my grip and walked away. I stood there. In awe of what happened. This isn't the Hoseok I know.

———————

[a/n] boi this epilogue is heated af