Fifty Seven

READ THE A/N AT THE END OF THE CHAP.

-------

Kenneth entered the café with a smile on his face, his eyes roaming through the room looking for the familiar brown haired girl but only to find Nael was his bartender for today.

Still smiling, Nael quickly gave him a friendly smile and made him his usual and handed it to him, "She's here?" Kenneth asked.

Nael nodded, "She's in the back."

Kenneth nodded and took a seat on the counter near the cashier. He opened his bag, grabbing his sketch book and his pencil and started to finish his last assignment to kill the time, but somehow he found himself start to draw a familiar big, innocent and curious eyes. He started to draw her eyes. Her big blue eyes that made him drown in her.

By the time he almost done with her eyes, he felt someone tap his shoulder making him look up and found Nael who was ready to leave, "You're staying?"

"Yeah, I want to finish my project."

"Finish your project, or check out my co-worker?" Nael narrowed his eyes at Kenneth, making him grin.

"Both...?"

"I should've known," he shook his head and laughed, "I have to go now, though. Catch up later!"

Kenneth nodded and stared back at his sketch book, smiling satisfied. He was about to dig through his bag to grab some paint when he saw Ashley walk out of the kitchen with a frown on her face. Her face was pale and Kenneth was worried, he cleared his throat trying to catch her attention, but nothing happened since she was too busy making herself a cup of hot cocoa.

He cleared his throat again, but she still was too caught up with her drink. Still determined to catch her attention, he cleared his throat one last time until Ashley eyes finally caught his, sighing in annoyance she finally said, "Are you dying or something?"

Feeling proud that he finally caught her attention, he smiled and quickly answered, "I think I am, there's an angel standing in front of me."

She snorted, biting her lip. "Yeah, right."

"It's true."

"Sure, whatever." She muttered. "Can I help you out with anything?"

"Not really," he paused, "Wait actually you can stay here and keep me company."

"Yeah no. I want to keep my job thank you very much."

"But there's no one around." He said pointing to the empty café. Her eyes looked around the room and sighed, he was right, no one was actually around right now since it was nearly closing. Sighing, she grabbed a seat and sat in front of him.

"You better wipe that smirk off off your face,"

"Okay, okay." He raised his hands in a surrender motion. Then it was silent for a while until Ashley looked up from her mug and found Kenneth staring at her,

"What?" She asked, confused.

"Nothing, it just umm..." He scratched his head,

"What?" She sipped her drink.

"I just," He paused again, making her look at him annoyed. "I missed talking to you like this, face to face." He said making her choke and cough uncontrollably. She was out of her mind now, heck her mind was ticking like it was about to explode. Seeing him was making her heart beat unusually faster, sitting in front of him trying to act calm and collected was a freaking challenge for her, and hearing him saying that he missed her? She was about to lose it!