VI: Everybody Feels Love

"When you decided to give up love, it creeps up on you as if silently chanting the words "don't give up on me.""

-Fate, Allie Santos

~~~

He is a different kind of prince charming and we are in a different type of a fairytale. We don't experience the thing others experience because we are different. He is different.

"What are the rules?" I ask him while debating on whether to hold his hand or not.

"To not feel anything." He answers, looking at me, his eyes kind.

"Who gave you the rules?" I inch my hands closer to his but he immediately move it far from mine.

"You did."

It was fate meeting him, that I am certain about. Whatever brought him to me I'll always blame it on fate.

And as for love, it doesn't matter anymore. If love presents with pain then so be it. And then maybe, maybe when everything doesn't turn out as it should be, it will go and fade with time. Love and pain. Maybe in the far future, maybe after this, the pain will somehow fade. Just as long as he won't feel it, I'm okay with pain. But not him. I wouldn't risk it for the world.

~~~

I didn't know exactly the rules of the magical pen; all I know is that it grants you one wish. One wish and you give it to someone else. My wish was granted, but I still use the pen and it still continues to grant me my wishes but I didn't know it has consequences. I didn't know it has rules.

The story was getting a little bit dull for Katie and I am aware of that, nothing has really been happening. Novels should be clear cut, they should have climax. Novels are supposed to have all the elements of emotion. Mine was only happiness. Because mine isn't exactly a novel. It has somehow became my life. Whoever wants a sad and tragic life?

After meeting with Katie, I walk straight to my hiding place and found him there. He stood up and smiled at me.

"We are going somewhere else." I say hoping this isn't against any rules.

"I thought you never ask. I am sick of this place."

I look at what he's wearing and smiled. I've never been the type of girl who loves cheesy couply things. I thought I was too old for that. But having someone here beside me makes me wonder how it would've felt if we have that young immature love.

I bought him a shirt that matches mine together with a cap that is exactly the same. Girls who see us walking side by side are brimming with envy.

I brought him to a carnival. Made him taste cotton candy and heard his "helium voice". It is the first time I heard him laugh.