Chapter 39

n// yikes this is so fuckin long omg so much goes down yall have no clue. this chapter is a fuckin emotional roller coaster of emotions and i hope yall are ready and btw is literally 5529 words or so jeesh. anyways i hope you enjoy!! please dont forget to vote/comment!!! (ps this was severely unedited so if u see anything please point it out thank u so much <3 love u!!)

When Thora woke, despite his promises, Klaus was nowhere to be seen. Instead, there was a note on top of his pillow, in the place where he should have been.

Going out to get some food, I'll only be a minute!

I love you, Thora.

-Your Angel

p.s. you've been asleep for almost an entire 24 hours, so I hope you feel a little better by the time you read this. Or else I would have been bored all this time for nothing.

Thora smiled at his slanted scrawl, placing it back on the pillow before sitting up straight, cracking her stiff limbs, as she usually did. Standing up, she padded over to her suitcases, taking out some fresh undergarments and walking into the hotel's bathroom.

Turning on the shower with slight difficulty, she got undressed and did her best to untangle her long, unruly hair as best she could. After giving up, she sighed and hopped in, the warm water easing her stiffness on contact.

She spent a lot of time in the shower, just scrubbing herself clean of all her stress and anxieties. For once, she took care of herself the way she deserved, actually giving herself the time of day. Shaving, washing her hair, deep conditioning, exfoliating, everything. And once she was finally done, she stepped out of the shower and looked at herself in the mirror and smiled.

She looked visibly healthier, the bags under her eyes seeming to be a lot lighter now and her skin more radiant. Why she didn't ask for Klaus to help her sleep all those nights ago was beyond her, but she decided that it was better late than never. And right on cue, the hotel door opened and in walked in a happy Klaus Mikaelson, holding an abundance of food. At the very smell of it, Thora's stomach growled, prompting her to quickly dress herself in only her undergarments and waltz out of the bathroom, much to her husband's shock and pleasure.

"Well, well, well," He said with a smirk, taking in her appearance whilst putting the food on the counter. "Sleeping Beauty finally awakes, and what a beauty she is."

"Except this princess didn't need a prince," Thora replied smugly, walking right up to him and looking up into his eyes. "I need a king."

Klaus growled and grabbed his wife roughly by the waist as Thora let out a squeal of delight, which was only to be cut off by an aggressive, needy kiss.

Thora melted into it immediately, opening her mouth, giving her husband all the access and permission that he needed. And eventually, when Thora broke away from the lack of air, she leaned her head on his, staring deeply into his eyes before kissing him again. But their kiss was, once again, cut short by the loud grumbling in her stomach.

"Come on," Thora smiled sheepishly, taking her lover's hand and walking him back over to the counter top where their food awaited. "I'm hungry."

"Sorry it took so long, love," Klaus spoke, opening one of the bags to reveal Chinese takeout ― Thora's new found favorite food since being temporarily adopted into the Donovan family. "I saw there was a blood bank not too far from here and I had to stop and get my lunch."