Chapter 40

n// this might be one of my favourite chapters of all time and i hope you enjoy reading this as much as i enjoyed writing it. just a reminder that comments/votes/sharing is always greatly appreciated, and that you all mean the world to me and that i love you more than klaus loves thora.

another thing i want to say is this: thank you.

you have all done so much for me since i began writing on wattpad, and seeing that i now have 5k votes on this story is alone with almost 100k views, i am absolutely floored. i never thought this would get passed 100, let alone that insane number. from the bottom of my heart, i can't thank you enough, and honestly i'm tearing up just writing this. i can't even fathom what my life would be without you guys, because as cheesy as it sounds, i see you guys as my little family. my home away from home. you all never fail to put a smile on my face, and just know that if you ever have any questions or concerns or just want to be friends, my inbox is always open. i'm your honorary wattpad mom now and you're all my precious angel babies. okok enough with the sappy shit, here's the chapter.

always and forever,

your wattpad mom <3

Thora laid in one of the many guest rooms as she wept for what felt like the millionth time since she had gotten the news of her brother-in-law's death. Fuck, she couldn't stand the term "in-law". To her, the Mikaelsons are just as much, if not more, of a family than her old one. She loved all of them more than anything or anyone else in this world, and the fact that she had lost one of them, not to mention the one that she was the closest with, wrecked and ruined her in every possible way.

She could have done more. She could've talked things out with Finn understood that he was only trying to protect her from what he thought of as the inevitable. She could have made sure that he was safe from the clutches of their mother. She could've even tracked down Sage sooner, and reunited them earlier. She could have killed Stefan, Elena, Damon, Bonnie, Caroline, and the rest of their pitiful group when she had the chance.

But it was too late for that now. Finn was gone, and according to what she'd heard in-between her sobs, so was Sage. She was so overwhelmed with grief, in fact that she didn't even know how long it'd been since she had last been out of the room. To her knowledge, it could have been an hour, a day, a week, a month, or a millennia.  She hadn't eaten, she hadn't slept, all she had done was cry out for her big brother, and cry.

As for Klaus, he seemed to be fine about the whole of Finn's death. Little did he know that that was the part that caused the riff between he and his darling. So, he settled on doing what he knew was best for her. Giving her space. But eventually, her wails and screams were becoming all too much for him and his heavy heart to handle, and his worry for her safety grew every second she was in that room. So he called for the only reinforcement he had at the moment. Rebekah.

"Nik, her favorite brother was just killed," Rebekah said quietly, gesturing in the direction of which Thora kept herself trapped. "She's mourning, and they didn't exactly end things on a high note, either. Just leave her to―"

"I'm not asking you to make her better, Bekah," Klaus interrupted. "I'm just asking for you to see if she's okay. Maybe bring her something to drink, or be the shoulder to cry on."

"That's usually your job, if I recall."

"Well, I would be more than happy to do so, had we not fought and she didn't hate me at the moment."

Rebekah rolled her eyes at her brother's stupidity but nodded nonetheless. After all, Thora was her little sister too. She couldn't even imaging what it would feel like to lose her favorite brother. In fact, as much as she hated to admit it, she and Klaus shared a bond that was never to be broken, no matter how many times they had fought or how many times he stored her in a box.