Chapter 59

"No way! I'm not doing this!" Jeremy protested, looking around at all the soon to be vampires.

"And what makes you think you have a choice?" Thora asked, leaning against the bar. "You have to kill vampires to complete the hunter's mark. Mark equals cure, and you're in a bar full of almost vampires. I don't see what you're waiting for."

"Get your hunt on, little Gilbert!" Damon chimed in, sending a wink Thora's way.

"Screw you. You said I wouldn't have to kill any innocent people."

"Jeremy, they're not people." Damon reminded the boy, clapping a hand down on his neck, only to be shoved off. 

"Enough!" Klaus groaned. "Have at it, or else."

"I don't take orders from you, dick. Hunters can't be compelled."

That little comment may have been one of the worst decisions of Jeremy's life, and he made it even worse by dropping his wooden stake on the floor. Chuckling, Klaus made his way over to the boy, getting a little too close for comfort.

"You're right. I can't compel you, but if your conscience is getting in the way, then allow me to make this easy for you. Because I can compel them." He threatened, gesturing to every new vampire in the vicinity. "I'm going to give you a two minute head start. Then I'm going to send every vampire in here after you. You kill them, or they kill your friend... Matt."

Thora was upset about the new plan for a moment, but she knew that Jeremy wouldn't ever let that happen, and nor would she. Klaus was just getting what he wanted, as usual.

"Now wait a second--"

"No, no, no." Damon interrupted. "You turn them, he kills them. That was the deal, Klaus."

"I'm taking artistic license."

"You know he can't take them all on at the same time!"

"With you as his coach, he'll be fine." Thora mused, crossing her arms over her chest nonchalantly. 

"It's Matt I'm worried about." Klaus concluded.

"T!" Matt interjected. "You're letting him do this?!"

"He's a grown man, Matt, and I'm a grown woman. We do not have control over what the other person does or does not do." She explained. "Besides, the sooner we get this cure, the sooner we can leave."

Damon sighed, closing his eyes tightly while Klaus just smirked at the black haired bastard.

"Jeremy, go get the weapons out of the car. I'll be right behind you." He spoke, opening them and turning to Matt. "Both of you."

And without a moment's more of hesitation, Jeremy and Matt both fled to the car. 

"If I hear an engine start, I'll kill Matt myself!" Klaus added on, only half bluffing.

But when Klaus and Thora soon realized that they'd been cheated once more by the group of good for nothing teens of Mystic Falls, they saw red.

"All of you, out!" Klaus boomed, shaking the entire establishment with the power of his voice. "Kill the jock. Don't stop until you do, or die trying. Out!"

And with that, the new vampires left the bar, leaving Thora and Klaus alone.

"I hate this," Thora muttered. "I just don't get it. We all have one common goal: find the cure. It's a win for everyone. Elena becomes human again, the Salvatores go back to ruining her life and then secretly wishing she was a vampire, Mystic Falls has one less vampire, you get your hybrids, and we get the hell out of this two star town. So why the bloody hell is it so hard for people to just cooperate?"