Love Like You...

~I do not own this song~

Zim pov:

"I love you, Zim." 

It had been a week since the Dib said those words to me, and Zim was still confused. What did they mean...Dib said it's an emotion of a strong attraction and personal attachment. Which still didn't make sense. Well, to be honest, our whole relationship doesn't make sense. Him being a weak human and Zim being an extraordinary, highly advanced aliens from outer space. But Dib makes it work, putting in the effort to understand my temper...while Zim...does not do much...

The Dib human said it was fine, and to take time, said it didn't matter how long it look, and yet the face he gave when Zim didn't say it back...it still haunts me.

-Flashback-

Zim was busy building, not like it mattered he wasn't an invader anymore but still Zim loved building. So that's what I did to pass the time, till Dib came back from his home. I heard the doorbell and waited for Dib in the lab, but after 5 minutes he hadn't come downstairs. Angrily Zim put on his disguise and went to check who it was. But as I got upstairs the air smelled sweet, like sugar. Zim went into the kitchen to find the Dib cooking something.

"Dib, what is the meaning of this?"

The Dib turned around his face red.

"Oh hey Zim," He said giving me one of these earth kisses on the cheek.

It had only been 5 months since we started being this couple thing. Zim hated to admit it but it was nice.

"What are you making?" I asked

"It's a surprise," Dib said smiling, I hated and loved that smiled at the same time. I hated the way it made me feel, but I loved it when he smiled. It was confusing.

"For what? It is not any form of earth celebration today...Is it?" I asked

"Nope, I'm justing making something for you...well to celebrate our 5 months together," Dib said smiling, as a blush was on his cheeks.

"Oh was Zim suppose to also prepare something?" I was new to this couples things. So I offend had to tell Dib to explain or get computers help.

"No, I just wanted to do this for you. You don't need to get me anything. Now can you please sit down in the living room, I really don't want you to see what I'm making so please wait for the surprised." Dib said as he softly shoved me out of the kitchen.

"Fine, Zim will wait for this surprise, but it better be good!" he chuckled as I said that.

I waited in the living room with Gir who was watching the crazy monkey show.

A few more minutes went by when I heard Dib calling be back into the kitchen. In the table, there were two plates covered with a tray.

"Sit," he said pulling out my chair. I sat down giving him a weird look as he sat down across from me.

"Okay now prepare yourself." he said lifting the tray "Tada!"

I looked and saw what looked like a pancake folded in half with chocolate on top and sugar Zim was guessing, on the inside of this folded pancake was fruit and whip cream. I love whip cream.

"This folded pancake looks very delicious Dib," I said grabbing a fork to eat when I heard a laughter.

"What's so funny human?" I hated not getting these jokes.

Dib only chuckled before saying

"Ummm it's not called a folded pancake, it's called a crepe."

"Oh, Zim has never eaten one on these before..." I was now worried, new food could go both ways, either it would taste good and I could enjoy it or it would cause me pain and Dib would be unhappy. He's always trying to find new food we can both enjoy together.

I picked at it...it did have whip cream maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

I could feel Dib watching me, nervously.

I picked up a piece and ate it slowly, oh it was good but ugh, I spit it out. The fruit didn't taste good.

Dib seemed upset.

"Sorry, I thought this was something you could eat. Since it's mostly sugar..."

"Zim can eat it, just not the fruit."

"OH oh, alright then let me take it out for you." He said as he grabbed my plate and put the pink fruit on his plate.

After that, I was able to eat it, and it was delicious. Dib kept smiling at me.

"What? Does Zim have something on his face?"

"Nope," He said still smiling at me.

"Then why do you stare at Zim?"

"Can't I stare at my gorgeous boyfriend." He asked. I felt my cheek heat up. He knew how that word made me feel.

He smirked standing up and getting closer to me. I turned alway, but his hand lifted my chin up to face him. He leaned down, slowly closing his eyes, as I did the same. His kiss was wonderful. We kept kissing till he broke it, needing his human air. His forehead was against mine as he whispered.

"I loved you" It was the first time Zim had heard him say those words.

"What?" I asked in shock.

"I umm said I love you," he said more shyly this time. I gave him no response. He slowly pulled back, looking down at the floor. For 3 minutes we didn't speak...till he said

"I'm sorry that must have umm surprised you, heck it might have even been too soon..." Getting up he sat back down eating his food.

I looked at him still not saying anything. His face, there was no smile on his face. It hurt to look at that face without a smile.

"Umm yes, this news did come as a surprise to Zim." I finally said. He looked up,

"Oh...heh, it's fine, you don't have to umm say it back I just wanted you to know...but it's really fine if you don't say it back, I can wait," he said giving me this fake smile. How dare he...

-Flashback end/play song-

I sign things have been eh since that day, Dib still comes over, but his smile isn't as strong anymore. Zim wonders how much it had really hurt the human, maybe as much as Zim's leaders had hurt him. I thought about the things Dib had done, even the time when I left being fed up when I came back he was in my base, asleep. When he saw me he hugged me saying he missed me and to never leave. Dib has seen all the good things in me that I frankly still can't see. He must really care for me...and yes love me.

I heard the door bell again. This time, I didn't wait for him to come downstairs, I went up to meet him, as I opened the door I tackled him with a hug. He was surprised I could tell, I never give him hugs, helping him stand up I smiled at him.

"What's up Zim?" he asked

"Zim...ummm....I...lo..lo..umm" It was harder than I thought, but his eyes, his golden eyes were starting to shine again, and that was the push I need.

"I love you." As I said this, he gave me his most wonderful smile,

"I love you too," He said before kissing me.

Zim thinks it's time he starts pulling his own weight. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, so I wrote this in one day feeling inspired again so yeah there may or may not, be mistakes. But hey this was my first time doing a point of view, let me know if I did it right or if I should have done something else differently, and also if you guys like this or not.