Chapter 6- "I hate you!"

“…39, 40”

“And what comes after 40?” I asked as Lillie sat in my lap while I was sitting at the island in the kitchen doing her homework while Piper was cleaning up from dinner she had made us. It had become like this since that night with Piper. Whenever I’d be in town, she’d come over make dinner, or hang out while I helped Lillie with her homework. When Lillie went to bed, then Piper and I would have the rest of the night to ourselves. We didn’t call it dating, we didn’t call it anything really; it was just something we got into the habit of.

She didn’t answer me. I noticed she was looking at Pipers tall brown boots.

“Lillie!” I said catching her attention.

She turned her heard quickly looking up at me from where she was sitting on my lap.

“What are you doing?”

“Just looking at Pipers boots. They’re really tall”

I could hear Piper sniffle a laugh as she stood at sink cleaning up the dishes.

“Yes, yes, very tall” I said as I examined what Pipers outfit for a minute. She was wearing a tan sweater with a long sleeve shirt underneath, along with a pair of tight jeans and tall boots. “Now what come after 40?” I said trying to bring the subject back to homework.

“Daddy when can I dress like Piper?”

I wanted to say never. Only Piper was allowed to dress like Piper.

“When you’re her age” I said sternly. “Now let’s get back to your homework you have a five more numbers and you’re done.

“How old is her age?”

“35” I said cracking a smile thinking of an age when I’d feel comfortable for her to start dressing like a women.

“You better be joking about that Toews” Piper said sternly from the sink. “I’m twenty two, a year younger than your daddy sweetheart”

“Ok now that we know Pipers age, what numbers come after 40?”

“I gotta go” Lillie said hoping off lap and running around the corner towards the back of condo.

“Lillie where are you going?” I asked.

“I gotta tinkle!” she said as she was about to turn the corner.

“Lillie Just count to 45 please then you can go tinkle”

“41, 42, 43, 44, 45! There I did it!” she said as I heard a door slam shut.

“My daughter is ADHD I swear” I shook my head. I could hear Piper trying not to laugh.

I got up from my stool, and walked around to where she was standing and stood behind her with my on each side of her placed firmly on the sick edge

“What’s so funny?” I whispered into her ear.

“Just you losing your patience with Lillie” she said as she backed her perky ass into my lap. “It’s actually really sexy seeing you be all fatherly, and stuff”

“You in those tight jeans is sexy” I said giving her butt a little pinch.

She turned in my arms so I was facing her. “How about you put Lillie to bed, and I’ll be waiting in your room…pantless” she whispered.

“I love that idea” I said leaning down to softly kiss her lips.

I went to put Lillies school work away when I saw a note fall out of her back pack onto the floor.