Chapter 10- "You're going to have to wear that for me later on tonight"

“Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!” I heard Lillie squeal as she ran down the hall and burst into my room. “Daddy!  He came! He was here!” She said bouncing like she had drank several Red Bulls.

I rubbed my eyes. “Who was here?” I said looking at the clock that read 7:30 A.M. Not as early as I thought she would wake up. Once Lillie went to sleep around nine-ish, my dad and I put together Lillie’s big presents together like her Barbie house and her Play Kitchen. My dad kept reminding us of the times he put together mine and David’s presents. He and David found it hysterical when I couldn’t figure out where a piece went, or got frustrated with the directions. They were supposed to be helping, but instead they were making jokes on how I had to figure out directions that were written in Chinese.  

“Santa! He came!” she said. “He ate the cookies and milk and everything!”

Yeah Santa totally ate the cookies and milk. Yeah Santa’s real name is Grandpa and he has a helper named Uncle Davey.

“Come on Daddy!” She said practically dragging me out of bed, and into the living room.

“Is Grandma and Grandpa awake?” I asked seeing David open mouth sleeping, and drooling over my sofa.

“I don’t know” she said.

“Why don’t you go and see if they’re awake” I said walking into the kitchen to start a pot of coffee.

She said running back down the hall, and bursting into their room.

About three minutes later Lillie returned dragging my dad behind her.

“He’s still not awake?” my mom said referring to my snoring brother.

I shook my head. “Hey Lil why don’t you wake up Uncle Davey” my dad said.

She smiled and ran as fast as she could and jumped on a sleeping David.

He made a ‘Umph’ sound.

“Uncle Davey! Wake Up!” she said jumping up and down. “It’s Christmas!”

“I’m awake!” he said trying to stop her attack. “I’m awake”

She happily hoped off the sofa, and went to sorting out presents; of course with the help of Grandma.

Once the presents were passed out, we went around opening presents one at time. Lillie of course loved all her presents, especially the Barbie house and kitchen set.

Even with all the presents opened. She had this disappointed look on her face.

“Baby girl is everything ok?” I asked.

She nodded. “Yeah I just thought I’d get something else” she said.

I smiled. “Well there is one more present” I said walking back to my room.

I wrapped it quickly in a big box, and brought it out.

I set the box down in front of her.

She looked at the box, and quickly untied the bow, and lifted the top.

“Puppy!” She squealed. She had desperately asked for puppy, so much she mentioned it on her Christmas list three times. She was very specific too; girl dog and cute. So Piper and I went to the pet store and picked out black lab girl puppy with a pink bow around her neck.   

“You like her?” I asked petting the tiny dogs head.

She nodded. “What’s her name?” she asked.

“I didn’t name her yet. I saved that part for you” I said.

“What are you going to name her?” My mom asked.