Chapter 4

Mark POV
As I walked looking at the houses as I passed looking for his house number. I stopped in front of a decent sized house of two floors. I pushed through the gate and stood in front of the door slowly reaching for the doorbell. I had pressed the button and waited as I heard footsteps running to the door quickly. When the door open there stood a middle aged woman. Her eyes shining bright green with her pitch black hair pulled back into a ponytail.
"Hello, what can I do for you?" The woman asked looking quite tired. "Um...is Sam home?" I said politely with a small smile. Her eyes widen and looked back over her shoulder and back to me. Her face relaxed into a smile and shook her head.
"I'm sorry, he's been sick for a few days." I looked down, my eyes noticing the lady wearing fancy clothes to go out along with her bright red high heels. "Are you going somewhere if so are you going to leave Sam here alone, sick?" She tilted her head in thought then looked to me as her face grew bright. "You can stay and watch him. I have to leave for a date and can't cancel. Could you please help out a mother with this?" She spoke with her eyes sparkling while she tried to fake a sad expression. "Um...sure." I whispered with a nod. Sam's mother jumped with happiness and pushed pass me through the gate blowing a kiss goodbye before walking off.
I sighed and walked in closing the door behind me. Taking off my shoes and jacket I walked into the living room. As I looked around I noticed a slight crack open door down the hallway and walked down to it. Getting to the door I pecked inside to see Sam sitting on his bed with a book in hand and tissue beside him. As I looked I slowly opened the door as he bolted up and stared at me. Sam's eyes wide with shock and confusion. "What are you doing here and where's my mother?" He said in a whisper I could barely hear it. As I stood there looking down at him in bed he began to pull off his covers and swing his legs off of the bed, planting them into the floor still in shock. Our eyes never looking away from each other's.

~Sorry it took so long and that the chapter is short. I've been busy recently and couldn't find the time to update. Again I'm sorry for the short chapter.~