The Red Room Spy

"She was in the Black Widow Program instituted by The Red Room leaders." Natasha Romanoff said to Nick Fury as the looked the brown haired girl that was laying in deep sleep on the examination table. They had found her in Russia in the cold unconscious.

"How do you know?" Fury asked.

"The mark on her back, I have the same one." Natasha said staring at her in pity. She hoped that the red room wasn't able to break the girl like they broke her.

"I feel like I've seen her face somewhere before." Phil Coulson said from beside them. She looked familiar, but he couldn't put his finger on it.

"Emma Queen." Fury told his two agents. "Daughter of Robert and Moira Queen. She's from a place called Starling City."

"How'd you know?" Natasha asked.

"A few years ago, it was on the news. Their family ship called the Queen's Gambit was shipwrecked. On it were four passengers, Robert Queen, Oliver Queen, Sara Lance, and Emma Queen. After weeks of searching, they were declared dead." Fury explained. "Heartbreaking story."

"Poor girl." Coulson said as their pity for the girl's unlucky fortune grew. Coulson and Fury eventually left to deal with other matters, while Natasha stayed behind to make sure there was someone there when the girl woke up.

About two hours later, Emma was starting to wake up from her state of unconsciousness. "Who are you?" She asked her eyes shining with fear. "What did you do to me?" She asked attempting to back away from Natasha, but falling off of the examination table instead.

"I'm not here to hurt you, Emma. I want to help you." Natasha said holding her hands up for Emma to see that she was defenseless.

"Yeah the last time someone said that, I ended up in some sort of assassin training facility being forced to kill people when I didn't want to kill them." Emma sassed back as she assessed where the exits were and what she'd be able to use as a weapon.

"I know. I was a part of the program too, but I got out." Natasha said stepping closer to Emma. "Let me help you."

"Why should I trust you?" Emma questioned.

"I can help you get back to your family." Natasha told her. "I'll make sure of it."

"You're not lying just so I'll put my guard down?" Emma asked.

"I promise." Natasha said in her most sincere voice. "I just need you tell me why you were unconscious in the middle of Russia during the winter."

"They wanted to send me on a mission to take out my boyfriend's, well now ex since I've supposedly been dead for almost five years now, father. So I stole a bike and burned that hell hole down." Emma replied as Natasha's respect for the brown haired girl grew. Even Natasha didn't have the guts to commit arson and steal from them when she made her escape.

"What happened to the bike?" Natasha asked confused since there was no trace of a bike around her when they found her.

"Ran out of fuel and there was no gas station around, so I left it and hoped to walk to the next town." Emma replied sitting on a stool.

"Can you tell me how they found you?" Natasha asked.

"All I remember is the Queen's Gambit going down and hearing my twin yell for me before I passed out. When I woke up there was a woman dressed in a red blazer staring at me saying that she'd help me." Emma told her closing her eyes at the memory of her twin. She knew that he was alive, but just not where. She could still sense him breathing. Many times her subconscious would tell her that he was in trouble and she had to bear through it because there was no way she could help him.