The New Widow

The Red Room, Russia, 2007

"She is perfect, is she not?" The woman asked her superior.

"Where did you find her?" He questioned looking at the unconscious brunette on the examination table.

"Washed up on the shore of Vladivostok, barely hanging on to a fragment of what I suspect was a boat. She's Emma Queen, the lost billionaire from the shipwreck in in the East China Sea." The woman replied. "They believe she is dead. Meaning she is a ghost now."

"She is indeed perfect." The man said grinning wickedly. "Tell them to revive the Soldat. I believe it's time for a new Widow to rise. One more powerful than the last. More deadly than Natalia Romanova and smart as the Winter Soldier." He said before leaving the room.

~•~•~

When Emma has woken up she was strapped to an examination table with only one other person in the room. A man with long hair and piercing blue eyes, though his most notable feature was the shining metal arm with the red star.

"Where am I?" Emma asked looking at him as she struggled to free herself. "Who are you?" She asked him. He simply got up from his stool and walked over to her.

"The more you struggle with those binds the harder it will be for you to get out of them. Be smart, not stupid." He said to her while loosening the ties.

"Who are you?" Emma asked looking at him gratefully as she sat up.

"I am the Winter Soldier." He replied.

"I'm Emma Queen." She told him. "I was on a boat with my father and twin. There was a storm and we were separated. I have to find them and get home to my family." She said.

"They're dead and so are you. You're not escaping this, doll." He said. "You work for them now. You're past is gone, you're not Emma Queen anymore."

"If I'm not Emma then who am I?" She retorted.

"Hydra's newest weapon thanks to the Red Room." Winter told her. "Get used to it." He said taking her by the arm and dragging her out of the room.

"I want to go home!" Emma yelled trying to pull herself away from him.

"Calm child." The woman that had found Emma said walking up to them. "Leave Soldat." She commanded. Winter looked at Emma briefly before retiring to the cold chamber he had to call his room.

"You said you'd help me." Emma said looking at the woman with fear.

"And I am, my child. I'm going to make you stronger than you could imagine. I'm going to make you powerful." She said walking closer to Emma with each word until she was directly in front of her.

"I just want to go home." Emma said.

"But you are at home." The woman said sticking a needle in Emma's neck and rendering her unconscious. "Take her to Strucker's lab. Wipe her memory. I want no traces of Emma Queen, only Shadow." She ordered to the guards.

"Yes, Madame B." The guards said before picking up Emma's unconscious body and taking her to Baron Von Strucker's lab.