He's Back, But She's Not

"Oliver Queen is alive." The television anchor said catching the attention of Tommy Merlyn who was working out with the tv playing in the background. His best friend was back, but what about his love? "The Starling City resident was found by fishermen in the North China sea 5 days ago, 5 years after he was missing and presumed dead following the accident at sea which claimed "The Queen's Gambit." Queen was a regular tabloid presence and a fixture at the Starling City club scene. Shortly before his disappearance, he was acquitted of assault charges stemming from a highly publicized drunken altercation with paparazzi." The reporter said as Tommy got up and wiped away his sweat. His hopes for news on his beloved rose, but he knew not to get them too high. After the accident, Tommy was a disaster. The one person he truly loved was gone, but he never gave up hope. He knew that she wasn't dead, she couldn't be. "Queen is the son of Starling City billionaire Robert Queen, who was also on board but now officially confirmed as deceased. There is no news on whether twin sister of Oliver Queen, Emma Queen, is alive, but for now she is to be presumed dead." Tommy instantly turned the tv off at the mention of Emma being presumed dead. It was about time he saw his best friend again.

Oliver now having shaven, stood in his hospital room looked through the window wondering where in the hell his twin was. He knew that she wasn't dead, because if she was then he would've felt her presence disappear. He felt her pain though, the unbearable pain. It was as great as his pain, if not worse. That worried him like no tomorrow.

"20% of his body is covered in scar tissue. Second-degree burns on his back and arms. X-rays show at least 12 fractures that never properly healed." The doctor said to Moira Queen who stood outside of Oliver's room observing him with tears forming in her eyes at the thought of what her baby boy went through.

"Has he said anything about what happened?" She asked hoping that he might have some answers about what happened to her husband and daughter.

"No. He's barely said anything." The doctor told Moira as his sympathy for the Queen family grew. Although they were privileged, they went through hell. "Moira, I'd like you to prepare yourself. The Oliver you lost..." The doctor said hoping to ease any high hopes the mother might have. "might not be the one they found." The doctor finished.

"Oliver." Moira said entering the room. Oliver instantly turned around to face her. His eyes shining at the sight of his mother.

"Mom." He said as they walked towards one another and meeting in the middle.

"Oh..." Moira said as her tears threatened to finally spill. "my beautiful boy." She finished hugging him tightly, not wanting to ever let go of him again. "Emma, did she make it?"

"I don't know." Oliver said sighing, he couldn't even protect his own sister. "But she's not dead, mom, I know it. Emma can't be dead."

-------

A black sedan pulls up to the Queen mansion. The trunk opens automatically from the front, and the driver goes to pick up the wooden box, but is stopped by Oliver.

"I've got it." Oliver told the driver as he and his mother walked into the house.

"Your room is exactly as you left it." Moira told him. It was true, she couldn't bare to change a thing in the twins' rooms. "I never had the heart to change a thing."

"Oliver. It's damn good to see you." A dark skinned man dressed in a suit said, while Oliver just stared at him. "It's Walter...Walter Steele." He said as the shook hands.

"You remember Walter, your father's friend from the company." Moira said hoping that Oliver would remember him. Oliver ignored Moira and Walter, instead he walked past them to the maid.

"It's good to see you, Raisa." Oliver told her with a smile, and he wasn't lying it really was good to see her again.

"Welcome home, Mr. Oliver. Mr. Merlyn phoned. He wants to join you for dinner." Raisa said with a smile.

"Wonderful." Moira replied. A door opened and closed to reveal younger girl.

"Oliver?" She said from the staircase.

"Hey, sis." He said once he walked over to the stair case where she was.

"I knew it. I knew you were alive." Thea Queen said hugging her older brother. "I missed you so much."

"You were with me the whole time." Oliver told her which was true. The memory of his sisters is what kept him going all these years. He had to get back to them.

"Emma, is she okay?" Thea questioned when she looked around and didn't she her.

"I don't know. When the storm struck, we were separated. But I know that she's still alive somewhere, fighting." Oliver told her. "She has to be alive."

"We'll find her too." Thea said finally having hope for her family to be fixed.

Over at the CNRI office, two women were having a conversation whilst one checks the mail. "Come on, Laurel. We're lawyers, not miracle workers. We can't win this." Johanna said trying to convince her friend and coworker that it was a death sentence for them.

"If we can't win a class-action suit against a man who swindled hundreds of people out of their homes and life savings, then we're not fit to call ourselves a legal aid office." Laurel Lance told her.

"And if we go bankrupt in the process, we won't be a legal aid office. Hunt has an army of lawyers, and they're ready to bury us." Johanna retorted putting the mail down.

"You and I against an army. I love those odds." Laurel said sarcastically making Johanna groan.

"Why do you hate me?" Johanna questioned. Laurel sat down at the table with a board the had newspaper clippings and photos of Adam Hunt. Her attention on it and the tv that was playing in the office.

"And in other news, details as to the castaway story you've all heard about...the son of a very wealthy billionaire will soon become a legendary story. Jessica now has more details and the complete castaway story." The news anchorman said making Laurel turn to the tv. The man that killed her sister was alive, and she hated it.

""The Queen's Gambit" was last heard from more than 5 years ago. Mr. Queen has reportedly confirmed he was the only survivor of the accident that took the lives of 7 people, including twin sister Emma Queen and local resident Sarah Lance. Survived by her sister, Laurel..." Jessica started but was never able to finish because Laurel turned the tv off. Her coworkers turned to her as she dropped the remote on the table and walked away.