Chapter Fifteen

Makailang balik na si Kristian sa bahay ni Louisse at hindi parin siya maka kuha ng sagot mula rito. Pinagsasaraduhan lang siya nito ng pinto, okaya naman ay linalayasan lang siya. He's this close in knowing where she is pero ayaw lang sumagot nitong best friend niya.

Sinundan niya ang mga pinupuntahan nito pero wala siyang napapala. Isang buong araw niya pang sinundan ito pero wala namang ibang lugar na pinupuntahan kung hindi sa trabaho.

For the nth time, kumatok siya sa pinto ng bahay ni Louisse.
Maya maya pa ay narinig niya ang mga yabag papalapit sa pinto, at sa wakas binuksan ito.

"What now, Kristian?" Deadtone na sagot nito. "Now's not the right time." Mukha nga yata. Dahil wala ito sa mood at parang maga pa ang mga mata.

"Louisse, please! I just need answers from her, then I won't disturb you guys again, okay?"

"She's fine with her life now, after all that she went through. So what do you want from her?"

"I just..." dapat niya bang sabihin rito?
Naghihintay ng sagot si Louisse habang kalahati ng katawan nito ay nasa likod ng pinto. Nang napansin nitong wala nang isasagot pa si Kristian ay akma na niyang isasara ang pinto.

"Wait! Wait! Please! I just want to ask her why she had to get close to me. Did she really love me? Did she even, for a second tell the truth when she said she loved me? Or was it all just fake? Was it for her to get a green card? She didn't tell me she has a child. Was she hiding it from me? Was she just using me?"

Napatanga lang si Louisse sa kanya with a disgusted face.

"I can't believe this." galit na ito.
"Tang ina, akala ko sa mga pocket book lang yang green card green card na yan. Pucha!" she put her thumb and middle finger on both of her temples.

"Mabuti na lang pala at naghiwalay kayo kung ganyan din lang pala ang tingin mo sa kaibigan ko." Pagbabagsakan na sana siya ulit ito ng pinto.

"Wait! Wait! Please! Just tell me where she is, i just want to get answers from... "

"Why the fuck would she need a fucking green card? She's a fucking American citizen, Kristian! You fucking idiot!"

"W-what?" siya na ang nalilito ngayon.

She sighed heavily and kept her temper low. Halatang nagpipigil na lang ito.

"She was born here. Dual citizen siya! I can't believe you'd be thinking low about her! To think she gave everything she can for you! Everything! She took a chance with you, even if she couldn't even trust anyone else, she trusted you with a relationship!" she was gritting her teeth while saying all these.

Napa tanga na lang si Kristian sa harapan ni Louisse. Lumalabo na ang mga mata niya dahil sa namumuong luha sa mata. He tried to open his mouth and say something but he can't. Walang salitang lumalabas sa bibig niya.
There was a forming block on his throat.
There's no words coming out.
He closed his mouth and opened it to try and say something again but instead, a tear quickly fell from his eye.

He felt angry again. Angry at himself, that he would think so low of her.
He was manipulated by his mother into believing Melody was just using her.
He wasted so much time.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid!

Louisse gave another deep sigh. "Listen, this is the last time I'm helping you out. You broke her so much. And I had to see all of that happen to her."
"Nasa Pilipinas na sila ngayon. May Medical mission ang hospital sa probinsya namin. I won't tell you where that is. I've already given you so much information. Good luck."
And to this, She closed the door.