a message for my heroes

to les bleus:

i know this letter will only be read by my readers, but i'm writing this not to be read by other people, but to put my feelings into words.

what i'm feeling right now are a mix of sadness, heartbreak, anger, disappointment, pride, amongst many other things.

dear les bleus, all of you have been playing so well throughout the tournament, and to me, you are the best team. i know you've been working really hard and always giving your all.

i watched every single one of your matches and loved every single one of them. you've played so well, and all of the players have done well.

when you went through to the final, i was so sure that you would win. i even imagined the celebrations, the parades around the cities in france, the players' families coming down to the pitch, etc etc.

i cried my hardest when you lost because i just couldn't believe it. you really deserved to win, and i just couldn't believe that you didn't.

to grizi, i know that you were tired because of the ucl final, and you weren't playing that well in the beginning of the tournament. but then you moved on to be the topscorer, scoring goals here and there, saving france's asses. i loved seeing you play, and i loved seeing you happy.

to be honest, the biggest reason why i cried so much last night was because i couldn't see antoine in that state. he seemed fine, but we all know he was broken inside. he really deserved to win, especially after his best season with atletico and losing in the ucl final, and also his astonishing performance in the euro.

but he didn't win, and i felt so heartbroken for him because i just wanted to see him happy. i wanted to see him celebrate. i wanted to see him smile and laugh and even cry tears of happiness.

besides that, i just want to say thank you. thank you to les bleus for being such a great team (even making me betray germany but not really because i still love germany). thank you to antoine for making me smile, laugh, jump around like an overhyped teenage girl (which i am), cry tears of happiness, cry tears of heartbreak and sadness, and so much more.

congratulations on the golden boot anto, you truly deserved it, but you deserved so much more. i can't wait to see you play with atletico again, even though that really doesn't solve my problems right now because the euro and the new season are two very different things.

i will wait for you anto. i will wait to see you celebrate, to see you win, to see you lift a trophy. i swear on my life i will wait for you.

MERCI ANTOINE.❤️

MERCI LES BLEUS. YOU ARE THE TRUE WINNERS IN MY HEART💙