Chapter Eighteen

The more Allaria thought about where to start her story, the more she figured it would be best told in private with all the interested parties involved. Allaria chewed her lip as she said, "Well, it's actually quite a story and requires sensitive ears... we should assemble the council and meet in the war room." she suggested as she watched Tameron think it over and added with a light chuckle, "That way I don't have to explain it twice."

A pleased grin finally crossed Tameron's face, "Efficiency; I like that."

Allaria blushed for a hot second and then quickly retorted, "I try." with a wink and all her usual devilish charm.

Xavier parted the way between himself and Tameron with an open-armed gesture saying, "Let us be off then."

Allaria nodded with a grin and made a burr sound as she passed by Xavier. The air around him seemed to be as cool as Orlanio in the winter, "Chilly in here isn't it?" She mused as she made her way out of the room, rubbing her arms. She turned around and asked, "What?" as some knowing chuckles erupted behind her.

A large grin fell across Tameron's face, "Xavier's a water-ice Mage... He's actually one of the most powerful to ever walk the face of Aeros-" he began to go on but Xavier nudged him in the side with his elbow with a quiet smile. "He also doesn't like to brag," Tameron explained with a shrug and leaned over to Allaria. He used his hand like a partition over his mouth to whisper, "I like to tease him about it."

Allaria chuckled, "I see," and smiled as they made their way out of the room. Allaria locked the room behind them and passed by them to retake her place at the front of the pack, leading them through the library.

Xavier seemed to be lost in all the books and rooms as they made their way down the staircase. Allaria used the opportunity to talk to Tameron, "So if that's Xavier," she gestured behind them, "then you must be-"

"Tameron." He interrupted her, holding out his hand for her to shake.

Allaria graciously accepted it and shook his hand, "I've heard a lot of stories about you." She told him, a smile dancing on her lips, feeling almost star-struck in his presence.

Tameron blushed ever so slightly and said, "I can assure you they're all true." with a wink in his eye.

Allaria chuckled, "They say you're one of the best Guardians. Ever." She mused, "So great in fact that you've never been assigned a permanent partner." Allaria looked up at him with a cheeky grin, "Does that mean you really are just that good or... perhaps you just don't play well with others?" She teased and folded her hands behind her back, jumping off the last step of the staircase with a skip.

Tameron chuckled, "You're quite intuitive." He mused.

Allaria turned around, pivoting in her step as the two of them stood to wait for Xavier to make his way down the rest of the staircase and said, "I profile people; don't feel special." with another, even cheekier grin.

"Ouch." He scoffed, holding his hand over his heart, pretending to be wounded by her words. "You're quite the lady... although any woman who can get into as much trouble as you have over the years already has my attention, Miss Champion of Orlanio." he greeted her with a bow.

"I have your attention do I?" she asked, her bell-like giggle echoed in the library as she answered his bow with an impish curtsy.

Tameron watched Xavier carefully, antagonizing over every step he took as he dragged his fingers across the various tomes, "For now...but my attention span dwindles like the daylight."

Allaria raised her eyebrows with a crooked smile, "We'll see about that." she replied but then remembered that this wasn't all fun in games like he was making it out to be. With a more serious tone, Allaria added, "I did summon you here for a reason."