25

"Liam. Are you ztill mad at Watson?" Zayn asks as he sits in Liam's bed.
"Yes," Liam replies flatly.
"But Liam he just-" Zayn starts but Liam quickly interrupts him.
"Look I don't need another lecture from you alright? He's my dog and and he did something he knows is wrong and I punished him how I saw fit. It's over now so let's just move on," Liam says. Zayn sits quietly, stroking his new duck friend's feathers.
"But I am sorry for yelling like that. I'm usually a really nice person. Until I get mad...." Liam assures Zayn regretfully.
"And I probably said some things I shouldn't have and I'm sorry you had to hear all that," Liam adds guiltily.
"You zhouldnt be apologizing to me...." Zayn mutters under his breath.
"I'm not apologizing to Watson," Liam tells Zayn, turning back into the bathroom.
"He's my best friend. He's been with me through everything when no one else has been and I owe my life to him. But right now.... It's be better if we had our space," Liam says.
"But you need to at least let him know you're not as mad at him," Zayn suggests.
"Why?" Liam asks. He didn't see the point of it.
"Zo he won't be zo zaid all night!!" Zayn says.
"He's a dog..." Liam points out.
"I know that," Zayn rolls his eyes. "But what I'm zaying is you gotta reestablish your relationship. Let him know you're still his friend," Zayn explains.
"Reestablish our relationship?" Liam asks with an amused smirk.
"Yes!! It's very important! You're his whole world and you treating him like that just ruined him! If you don't, he may think you hate him and he'll never be happy again! Zayn explains.
"If i do it will you be happy and stop bothering me about it?" Liam asks.
"Yes. And he would be happy to. And you would be happy too. You two need to make up," Zayn demands.
"Alright fine," Liam surrenders as he leaves and frees Watson from his small room.
Liam walks back into his bedroom followed by Watson who still looked a little nervous and sad. His ears were drooping more than usual.
With a sigh, Liam bends down on one knee so he is at eye level with his dog.
"Look mate. I'm sorry for what I did. I shouldn't have lost my temper. Ever though you deserved it," Liam apologizes.
"Liam!!" Zayn cries.
"What! He did deserve it!" Liam declares.
"But I still love you more than anything and you're still my best friend and I'm not ever going to send you to the pound. No hard feelings?" Liam says sincerely. Watson sits quietly then suddenly jumps forward, licking Liam's face.
"That's disgusting..." Liam mutters in disgust as he wipes the slobber off his face with his sleeve. Watson barks and licks Liam's face again then falls On top of him, resting his head against Liam's chest. Zayn laughs in amusement.
"Umph!" Liam Grunts as he tries to push Watson off but can't. "Hey mate..." He says with a slight laugh. Watson barks up at him again, his tail wagging happily. Liam laughs and pets Watson's head.
"See, you're friends again," Zayn says with a content smile as he watches this beautiful reunion from Liam's bed.
"Yeah I'm stuck with this unruly beast whether I like it or not..." Liam mutters jokingly as he scratches Watson's side.
Suddenly, the little duckling quacks, stealing Watson's attention. He immediately jumps off of Liam and runs to the side of the bed. Zayn curls up, shielding the small animal from Watsons curious nose.
Slowly, Zayn holds his hands out toward Watson to sniff at the little duckling.
"Watson..." Liam says warningly as Watson sniffs carefully.
"Zhe's gonna be ztaying with us for a bit," Zayn tells Watson who barks at her.
"Hey! That's not nice! Don't bark at our new guest!" Liam tells him from the floor.
Watson barks again and shakes his tail happily and the duck quacks back at him.
"they're friends too now!!" Zayn says happily. Liam can't help but smile As he pushes himself up off the ground.
"It's late we should get some sleep," Liam says.
"Oh okay," Zayn agrees as Watson jumps up on the bed, almost standing on Zayn.
"Hey off!" Liam says.
"I don't mind," Zayn tells him.
"There's hardly room for the 2 of us.... He won't fit too. Even though you did kinda take his spot..." Liam tells Zayn who gasps worriedly.
"I'll move! Here Watson-" Zayn says as he climbs off the bed.
"No hey it's okay. He can sleep on his dog bed for once. I bought it for him years ago and he's never used it before," Liam says.
"Off Watson," Liam says again. Watson groans and jumps off the bed and grudgingly falls down on his own little dog bed to sleep on.
Liam turns off the lights and puts a pillow between his body and Zayn's.
"Just stay on your side of the bed," Liam mutters.
   "And I swear. You cross this line..... And you and your little duck friend are out of my house for good," Liam threatens seriously.
    "I'm not gonna do anything!" Zayn tells him for the millionth time.
     "Better not..." Liam mutters as he pulls the blanket up to his Chin and turns onto his side so his back was facing Zayn.
     "And I swear.... If you start snoring..." Liam adds.
     "I think everything you tell me NOT  to do, I'm just gonna do now," zayn admits with a smirk.
      "Oh yeah. You Try that. See how it goes for you," Liam offers unhappily as Zayn tries so hard to hold back his laughter.