cinq

Aleida stood their tensely. Any other moment this would have been a wonderful experience. The amount of power flowing in this spot would have made her feel safe and secure if she had learned how to control it.

In the heart of the woods, she could feel herself becoming stronger. The earth underneath her feet was firmer, the trees were taller and wider. The oldest power was always the heart of the land, and according to these woods, the oldest tree was a towering willow.

Looking to Embry, she sizes him up. It wouldn't be safe for him to enter with her.

"Do you see the circle in the trees?" she asked him. "The circle made by the trees and on the ground in the soil?"

Nodding in confusion, he goes to walk into the trees.

"Be careful!" she calls. "Don't go messing with things you don't understand."

Taking off her clothing, she walked into the circle and stands underneath the willow.

"Shift and call your pack. Whoever wishes to watch may."

Embry did as told. Shifting into a wolf and reaching out to is pack-brothers. Aleida was frighteningly serious. If his brothers wanted to watch whatever she dragged him all the way out here for, they could.

The conversation was definitely strange, but they all decided to come and watch. Paul having agreed as soon as he saw the image of a naked Aleida.

Aleida sat with her legs tucked under her. She tried to prepare herself for what was to come as the boys came to join them. She hadn't done something like this in many years, it could be dangerous if she did it wrong. That was why she came here, here she could use the heat to anchor her, to share it's energy so she didn't use her own.

"Are they nearly here?" she asked him. Seeing his nod, she continues to speak, mostly to herself. "It's beautiful, isn't it? The amount of energy that is in this one spot is astounding."

Aleida runs her hands over the grounds, letting the soil dirty her skin. "You can't see any of it, you can't feel it. The tremors beneath us, but I'll be able to show you soon enough."

By the time the pack had arrived, Aleida had fallen into a state of meditation. Her powers were not trained or controllable, this would be incredible hard and dangerous for herself. This is why she told him to stay out of the ring of the heart. The hearts power cannot leave it's ring, therefore being unable to reach the pack.

The pack watched the girl warily, Embry being the only one to have faith in her. They had no idea what was to happen, but Embry knew it would be great.

Aleida lifted her head slowly, as if it weighed a million pounds, her eyes glowing a faint green around the pupil. Rising to her feet as if in a trance, she sways lightly. Looking directly into the eyes of the wolves in turn, she raises her arm slowly.

Abruptly the ground starts to shake, not enough to worry the pack, but enough to awe them. Embry was overjoyed, understanding what she meant about the tremors in the earth. Watching her, she raised her other arm. She looked noticeably pained.

Moving at her command, the ground lifted with her hand. The earth forming an arc as she raised it above her head. With a slight flick of her wrist, the soil turned into a solid wall. Using the arm that was not yet lifted above her head, she made a fist and slammed her small hand into the ground.

The earth lifted and rippled, moving away from her in waves that couldn't break down the solid wall she created.

Embry's amazement quickly turned into horror as blood dripped from Aleida's nose. He watched in panic as her petite body dropped to the forest floor, the wall she created crumbling next to her.