six

Aleida was seated in the forest behind Sam's house, sandwiched between two Quileute boys.

In her hands was what they called a DS. Embry was attempting to explain to her how the game worked but she was having difficulties in wrapping her head around the device. Paul had shifted into a wolf half-way during the explanations because Aleida wouldn't stop pestering him about it. He was currently asleep at her side, his head rested in her lap.

"I don't understand these Pokemon things," she stressed. "Why do I want to catch them?"

"Because that's the point of the game," Embry whines.

"Why are we doing this when I could be learning to flourish my abilities." Aleida was fed up with this video game nonsense. She genuinely found it interesting and fun but she could only pay attention for so long before she wanted to go and train.

"Because Emily said that you weren't allowed to do anything until you have your strength back completely," Embry tells her. Sounding like he was reciting her the rule she had heard far too much the past week or so. She still needed to learn time keeping again.

"But how will we know if my strength has returned if we do not test it?" she counters.

Embry looked torn. He wanted to witness her abilities, something he has taken to calling magic, yet he wanted her to be safe. She could get hurt by doing this and he would blame himself.

"Why don't we go talk to Emily about this?" Embry suggest, trying to find the quickest way to get her mind off it.

Aleida shook her head dejectedly. Emily was like a mother, she cared about everyone's well being. Aleida knew she could be stubborn, but Emily's protectiveness beat her without a doubt.

"Okay, how about a walk in the woods," she finally suggested, making Embry let out a breath of relief. "You can watch me do the prayers."

Aleida pushed Paul's wolf head off of her, forcing the boy to snap awake.

"Do you want to join us on our nature walk, dearest Paul?" Aleida asked sweetly.

The boy shrugged in an awkward fashion, the action looking ore uncomfortable than anything.

"Can I ride you?" Aleida continues.

Embry sputters and makes a sound similar to choking. Paul makes a huffing sound, making Aleida look at him in confusion.

Is that some sort of wolf laughter? Aleida thought. Moving closer she hesitantly pats Paul on the back, not quite sure of what he was doing.

"What's wrong?" Aleida asked in confusion.

"Nothing, I'll explain it some other time," Embry waves her off. He didn't care how much he pestered her, he was not having that conversation with her. "You want to sit on his back?"

"Yes! It seems like fun," she tells him excitedly. Aleida pulls on Paul's fur, reminding the boys of a child. Grabbing a fist full of fur, she pulled herself up about half way. "Call, help me!"

Chuckling, Embry made his way over and lifted her carefully by the waist onto the wolf's back. She wasn't positioned for more than a minute before both boys stiffened.

"What's wrong?" Aleida asked anxiously.

"Bloodsucker," Embry tells her tensely. Paul growls dangerously low.

Scurrying off his back she gives the boy a firm push, sending him off after the vampire. Aleida turned to make her way back towards Emily's, giving Embry a nod. The shifter understood her intention and he raced after his pack member. A loud howl echoing through the trees and piercing her head.